Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-04-2017, 06:26 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
You are getting a 100 gallon, single fill tank and you are asking those who have a mere 74 gallon two sided fill if you can add a second tank?

Are you just messing with us? . I would really like that 100 gallon single fill. That is actually my only real complaint.
Hey, what can I say. I want to make it from Ohio to Yellowstone on one tank of fuel.
Rafstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:18 AM   #102

https://www.jayco.com/products/class...s/2018-seneca/

There it is boys and girls...finally updated.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:40 AM   #103

I went immediately to the website to see what changes there were (if any) to the TS floorplan. When I was at the factory earlier this year picking up my 2014 TS from warranty repairs I had the opportunity to speak to one of the engineers/designers when we took a factory tour. I related to them that if there was one thing I disliked on the newer TS models (compared to mine) it was the bathroom changes. Mine has no window; there is a nice cabinet above the toilet great for storing bathroom cleaning and tank supplies. My unit also has a quarter round shower, (plenty large for my "big" frame) which left me a space beside the shower enclosure and the hall wall where I mounted a 42" tall cabinet to store all of our bath linens. The Jayco person politely nodded and said they had heard similar feedback from other owners who had seen or owned earlier units like mine. But it appears they did not revert, too bad for all of you newer TS owners who have to keep everything outside of the bathroom!

I would certainly like the increased power, more robust transmission, more GVW and GCVW, the rear sway bar, and the increased fuel capacity with single-point fill. I sure hope that Jayco properly designed and tested the fuel fill assembly so it isn't "temperamental" taking fuel like you hear about on other types of units with between-the-frame fuel tanks. 100 gallons is great, but if it takes you half an hour or more to fill it........

I will bite too on the bathroom door, what is the back story on that?
Attached Thumbnails
Over-toilet cabinet.jpg   Bathroom linen closet.jpg   Bathroom linen closet opened.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:00 PM   #104

I see a Left Hand sticker on the door! One of my favorite breweries up here and only 10 minutes from the house!
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:26 PM   #105

Still bucking the residential fridge trend and no more wood valences. A solar-equipped edition would be a good add.
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:45 PM   #106

2018 Seneca Rumor Mill

Really doesn't look much different. No valences around windows which I did not like anyways so that is good. The increased hp might be nice but I will reserve judgement until i try the Allison reprogram tomorrow. Not sure if I like the new basement compartments until i see better photos. I like the plastic in my current ts and not sure of what appears to be carpeted plywood?? The pass through looks like an improvement. The larger tank would be great. It doesn't look like it is a flat floor between the cab and the house so the drivers seats can not spin which really would be cool.

So other than the increased hp and tank size???

Having said that the new couch is sort of cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:19 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
Ok, I'll bite. What was learned about bathroom doors that open out?
My Schooling... in the 70's, 80's in graduate civil engineering and architecture was all about design and function... Our professors were adamant that if we submitted a plan with a bathroom door opening other than "into" or a pocket door - we would fail to graduate. I still take it to heart today.

The logic was: Privacy in a bathroom, accomplished by having control of what access is given by an outside person. A door opening inward can be blocked simply by an obstruction to the pathway of the door (foot, towel, any object) in contrast to the door opening outward where the person is limited to holding the door hardware in brute force opposition. also, bathroom doors are usually designed and positioned to obstruct the view into the water-closet for the occupant upon accidental entry - something outward doors cannot.

We were taught, and I fully agree with the logic... Bathroom doors should open inwards so that the door obstructs a persons privacy to those outside. In the design where an inwards opening door is not feasable - a pocket door should be used before any outward opening door is considered in the design.

In the past years / models... the FK has adhered to the inward opening door... and in other models there are pocket doors.. and others again have outward opening doors that are awkward in that the door opens backwards to travel, but is required because of the slide conflicts that would be destructive.

... after all this... how many have a house with a bathroom door that opens out? (unless it has a crescent moon in the door and is outdoors) and the same logic goes on today... Does your home bathroom door open outwards?
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:46 AM   #108

So by no means is this going to make me trade in my rig and take a huge hit, but it is worth noting that almost everything that my wife and I wanted and thought were missing on our 37FS is now in the 2018...

More power 360 HP
Better Trans - 3000 with mode control.
15,000 tow rating (Its in the owners manual on their website)
PANTRY!!!! - How can they miss this on previous models.
Removed the stupid chair next to the door and put in the fireplace TV setup instead.

I will go as far as saying that if I didnt have one yet, I would be getting the 18, but the huge hit I would take in trading in is not worth it.