Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2018, 07:59 AM   #1

2019 Greyhawk 29MVP

Has anyone heard or know of a timeline as to when pictures and/or videos will be available of the 2019 greyhawk 29MVP?
Jaytalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:32 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytalk View Post
Has anyone heard or know of a timeline as to when pictures and/or videos will be available of the 2019 greyhawk 29MVP?
It's been discontinued...no more 29MVP Sorry!!!

Just kidding...when we kicked around ordering one my dealer said they were told no changes just colors. After they came down more on the 2018 29MVP they had on the lot since December we took the 2018. One reason was the price and another was that we could see the unit in person before signing up. It looked so nice and we just really liked everything about. It's been great. Only problem I have had was the entry door closing but it was a simple adjustment to the striker plate. Two screws and moved it up a little. The other was the hot water. The valve on the back of the water heater had been left open between the cold and hot (winterizing) so hot water was mixing with cold. Took the screen panel off below the stove and turned the valve and all was good! Everything else has been great!
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:35 AM   #3

LOL!!! You're such a crack-up. Thanks!
Old 04-18-2018, 01:36 PM   #4

Smile New Colors for 2019 MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
It's been discontinued...no more 29MVP Sorry!!!

Just kidding...when we kicked around ordering one my dealer said they were told no changes just colors. After they came down more on the 2018 29MVP they had on the lot since December we took the 2018. One reason was the price and another was that we could see the unit in person before signing up. It looked so nice and we just really liked everything about. It's been great. Only problem I have had was the entry door closing but it was a simple adjustment to the striker plate. Two screws and moved it up a little. The other was the hot water. The valve on the back of the water heater had been left open between the cold and hot (winterizing) so hot water was mixing with cold. Took the screen panel off below the stove and turned the valve and all was good! Everything else has been great!
Would you happen to know the new color schemes?
Stargazerandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 02:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazerandu View Post
Would you happen to know the new color schemes?
No...sorry. I have seen some 2019MV’s for sale on RVTrader with pictures but no 2019 MVP’s seem to be our yet.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:29 PM   #6

I believe they changed auto leveling systems(different Manufacturer).
vedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedder View Post
I believe they changed auto leveling systems(different Manufacturer).
Vender,

Why do you think that they changed and what manufacturer do you think they changed to?
Old 04-18-2018, 07:29 PM   #8

Engineer from jayco said no real reason of change. They believe its an upgrade. He mentioned they made changes to dinette cushions too.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:23 PM   #9

Btw he also mentioned they are going away from the Garmin dash system to another.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:16 AM   #10

Just looking at pictures of the 2019's on RVTrader it shows the smaller outside compartment doors are all opening down now. Also both large rear compartment doors both open to the side.

The radio camera head unit is different. Couldn't see a name but it's not like the 2018's.

The flooring is now a tile looking pattern and darker.

Pictures show the same LCI leveling jacks that came on the 2018's.

Dinette and couch are different design cushions and colors.

That's all that stood out when I looked today...this was on 2019 29MV's still no 2019 29 MVP's showing so dealers haven't started receiving those yet. It will be interesting to see the changes for those.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:17 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedder View Post
Engineer from jayco said no real reason of change. They believe its an upgrade. He mentioned they made changes to dinette cushions too.
How did you get in touch with a Jayco engineer?
Old 04-19-2018, 06:49 AM   #12

Quote:
Just looking at pictures of the 2019's on RVTrader it shows the smaller outside compartment doors are all opening down now. Also both large rear compartment doors both open to the side.

The radio camera head unit is different. Couldn't see a name but it's not like the 2018's.

The flooring is now a tile looking pattern and darker.

Pictures show the same LCI leveling jacks that came on the 2018's.

Dinette and couch are different design cushions and colors.

That's all that stood out when I looked today...this was on 2019 29MV's still no 2019 29 MVP's showing so dealers haven't started receiving those yet. It will be interesting to see the changes for those.
Looks like they are using Soundstream VRN-65HXB in the new 2019s in place of the Garmin. I wonder why? Yes a few quarks with bluetooth in our Garmin, but the GPS portion is great. Also noted they centered drawers and TV in bedroom in 2019s. Also got rid of that LED 'spotlight' outside main door - went back to amber night light.
2017 Ford Edge w/Blue Ox Setup
To Yosemite... and Beyond!
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:08 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJackSprat View Post
Looks like they are using Soundstream VRN-65HXB in the new 2019s in place of the Garmin. I wonder why? Yes a few quarks with bluetooth in our Garmin, but the GPS portion is great. Also noted they centered drawers and TV in bedroom in 2019s. Also got rid of that LED 'spotlight' outside main door - went back to amber night light.
Good catch on the drawers in the middle between closets. I guess I didn't notice because my 29MVP already has that setup.

I like the bright LED outside light. If we are sitting outside we use the awning LED lights only. Wish all the outside lights had dimmers.

I think Jayco gave up on the Garmin...too many complaints.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:10 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytalk View Post
How did you get in touch with a Jayco engineer?
Jaytalk...no worries the 2019's are coming with the same jacks as previous models. Mine work great so you should be fine.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:29 AM   #15

I've wondered how the Lippert jacks work. I have them on my rig now too so its all new to me. From what I read, the up arrow works the front jacks in pairs, the down arrow works the rear jacks in pairs, but the side arrows only move the rear jack?

I can't get my head around that yet.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
I've wondered how the Lippert jacks work. I have them on my rig now too so its all new to me. From what I read, the up arrow works the front jacks in pairs, the down arrow works the rear jacks in pairs, but the side arrows only move the rear jack?

I can't get my head around that yet.
They work that way because before they changed them people were getting the motorhomes so in a bind by raising one corner too much that they were popping windshields and cracking sidewalls. You don't want to put the unit in a bind or you will break all your roof seams and cause leaks.

They have designed this system to help avoid all that. We like ours. It works great. I have noticed that if we are on a fairly level site I will sue the auto level and all is good. If we are on a slope or uneven site I will sue the manual mode so I don't raise the wheels off the ground.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:43 AM   #17

Yep - I know about the twisting frame issue. The BigFoots always told you to work the jacks in pairs (which I did). So when I read about how the side arrows only work one jack - I sit there and stare off into space trying to figure out how that works. I mean, I'm sure it works, I just don't get how or why w/o running the jacks in pairs.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 06:40 PM   #18

Quote:
Jaytalk...no worries the 2019's are coming with the same jacks as previous models. Mine work great so you should be fine.
Okay, thanks!

I've seen pictures of 2019 models of other Grayhawk units but not the 29MVP yet. Hopefully, pictures will be coming soon. I wonder why there's such a delay in getting them out when it's obvious that dealers have received 2019 units of other models.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:19 PM   #19

My phone call was transferred to them because customer service couldn't answer the questions accurately.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:20 PM   #20

Also 2019 model they removed the door key code lock.