Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2018, 11:03 AM   #1

2019 Greyhawk 30X - propane water heater & Soundstream VRN-65HXB

New 2019 Greyhawk 30X, picked up at the end of August from the local dealer. Just a few bugs to work out:
  1. The propane side of the hot water heater was DOA
  2. Kitchen faucet was ridiculously loose where it attaches to the countertop
  3. The main portion of the touch screen on the Soundstream VRN-65HXB was DOA
For the water heater, the dealer swapped out "the boards" under warranty, and it works now. Though the electric side worked, the power management system would idle the electric hot water heater to run the dual air conditioners (southern California hot September) so we had only lukewarm water at best on our first trip.

I went at the kitchen faucet with a screwdriver myself to tighten it down. Not sure how I missed this one during pre-delivery inspection (PDI). It was so loose you couldn't even operate the faucet without putting a second hand on the fixture.

For the Soundstream radio/infotainment panel, the dealer is requesting what to do from Jayco under warranty. The power on/off and volume buttons on a thin strip on the left side of the panel work, but the rest of the panel is toast. I punched the reset button on the front panel with a paperclip per the user manual, but no luck. Can operate the radio (and aux input for the main TV) to some extent with the hand-held remote control, but GPS navigation is impossible. I'm using my hand-held Garmin hiking GPS. The most useful thing that still works (fortunately) on the mostly unusable unit is the backup camera.

We are weekenders during the school year, and enjoy National Parks during the summer. After a couple of local shake-down trips (Los Angeles County, CA) in Sept/Oct, we're now out in the southern Sierra Nevada mountains for the Veterans Day holiday weekend.
ljh684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:12 AM   #2

This post may be helpful at sometime;

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tch-62837.html
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
soundstream, water heater