Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-18-2021, 09:50 PM   #1

Angry 2019 Greyhawk 30X recall dated Nov 6th,2020

Bougth my RV on 02/05/2020. I put in the shop for repairs on 09/16/2020. It took 2 months to replace leaking shower seals, replace a piece of trim, and repair a leak in the slide out. The reason was due to Jayco not having the parts.
Now my RV is still in the shop waiting on recall parts that Jayco does not have.
Going on the 5th month with it still in the shop with Jayco saying they don't know when they will have a part to fix it. Jayco is not standing behind their customer service or their product. Anyone else having this problem?
LSU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:35 AM   #2
Site Team

The RV manufacturers don't keep a parts department, and have to rely on the parts/component manufacturers to supply them with "just in time" shipments, to build their units with. The world situation has backed up everything, to everybody. Demand has not stopped, but production did for quite a while. There's only so many companies that manufacture components, and they're overwhelmed by the number of customers that need their product. Also take into consideration the number of businesses that closed up forever, and the number of employees that are out sick at the ones still in business. Even the Post Office is taking weeks and weeks to deliver packages that used to take 3 or 4 days before the virus hit hard.

This, unfortunately is going to continue for a long time, until everyone gets back to work, and supplies catch up with the never ending demand out there.

You didn't mention what the recalled part is, but is it something that makes your Greyhawk unusable while you're waiting for it?

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 04:43 AM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Never leave it at the dealer if it is a none safety issue. Only book an appointment when parts are in. Minor issues try to fix yourself.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 07:23 AM   #4
RPR

One service manager said with happy law suit $$ people today they are also trying to avoid a liability issue. “ knowing not fixing a recall when in their authorized dealership”. Manufacturers have to put the recalls out even when they know parts will not be available. LIABILITY
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 07:29 AM   #5

The recall is for the auto leveling system. The frame that holds the hydraulic pump can crack and cause the hydraulics to fall to the ground while driving. It is a safety issue.
I put in the shop for minor repairs. The service department was upfront about the time frame for repairs. The shower pan leaked bad and every time it rained we had water on the floor behind the drivers seat. The missing trim and the seat adjuster knob was not a big deal. However water leaks are.
LSU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 08:53 AM   #6

Mine has the recall, and my pump looks perfect

Go get your RV, use it, have fun

Or have someone else do the recall with a strap as many have done

My RV dealer has a Mobil service, I'll be using it for all my work, or do it myself

It's your RV... Go get it
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 10:51 AM   #7
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
The RV manufacturers don't keep a parts department, and have to rely on the parts/component manufacturers to supply them with "just in time" shipments, to build their units with. The world situation has backed up everything, to everybody. Demand has not stopped, but production did for quite a while. There's only so many companies that manufacture components, and they're overwhelmed by the number of customers that need their product. Also take into consideration the number of businesses that closed up forever, and the number of employees that are out sick at the ones still in business. Even the Post Office is taking weeks and weeks to deliver packages that used to take 3 or 4 days before the virus hit hard.

This, unfortunately is going to continue for a long time, until everyone gets back to work, and supplies catch up with the never ending demand out there.

You didn't mention what the recalled part is, but is it something that makes your Greyhawk unusable while you're waiting for it?

Not to mention the number of RVs that were sold this last year, over and above the normal sales numbers.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 05:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger View Post
Bougth my RV on 02/05/2020. I put in the shop for repairs on 09/16/2020. It took 2 months to replace leaking shower seals, replace a piece of trim, and repair a leak in the slide out. The reason was due to Jayco not having the parts.
Now my RV is still in the shop waiting on recall parts that Jayco does not have.
Going on the 5th month with it still in the shop with Jayco saying they don't know when they will have a part to fix it. Jayco is not standing behind their customer service or their product. Anyone else having this problem?
I feel your pain. I just traded my Greyhawk in for a Melbourne. I received a great deal on my trade and the lowest price possible for the new one. When it came time for the finance guy to ask me about the extended warranty I laughed at him and said I will buy it if you can guarantee in writing all repairs will be done in 30 days. He said I guess that means you don’t want the extended warranty. I found a local RV repair shop that does not sell RV’s. They only sell gear and do repairs. I paid out of pocket for a repair that Jayco was going to take 3 to 4 months to repair. The private repair place repaired it in two days. I did submit the receipt to Jayco, but I received a letter denying it because I didn’t get approval first. I’m not sure if any dealers are repairing under warranty currently. Jayco is a pretty horrible company, but I keep buying.

By the way, the one I traded had a recall for the leveling bracket and they were moving it inside within an hour after I arrived to do my inspection of the new one. They had a potential buyer and couldn’t sell it until they fixed it. So.....they can fix things fast if they choose to.
Old 01-20-2021, 07:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger View Post
The recall is for the auto leveling system. The frame that holds the hydraulic pump can crack and cause the hydraulics to fall to the ground while driving. It is a safety issue.
I put in the shop for minor repairs. The service department was upfront about the time frame for repairs. The shower pan leaked bad and every time it rained we had water on the floor behind the drivers seat. The missing trim and the seat adjuster knob was not a big deal. However water leaks are.
Hi Tiger, we feel for your situation. Having our new (to us) RV in the dealership is not what we planned for.

There are at least two other threads discussing this frame jack recall at great length, and as you go through them you might gain some insight into the severity of this issue and what others have done about it. https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...Redhawk+Recall
Old 01-20-2021, 07:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckleUp View Post
I paid out of pocket for a repair that Jayco was going to take 3 to 4 months to repair. The private repair place repaired it in two days. I did submit the receipt to Jayco, but I received a letter denying it because I didn’t get approval first. I’m not sure if any dealers are repairing under warranty currently. Jayco is a pretty horrible company, but I keep buying.
Had you contacted them first they would have reimbursed you. I used a mobile repair numerous times and they talked to JAYCO first and I always got a check in 10-14 days after submitting the bill.

Problem right now, dealers are swamped and parts are still scarce due to COVID shut downs.