Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-01-2021, 10:42 AM   #1

2019 Greyhawk Electrical Issues

We purchased a used (3,200 miles) 2019 Greyhawk 30X in May, 2021, had an "orientation" scheduled for 11:00 am on June 21, 2021. After waiting 3 hours for the dealer to "fix" the side camera (replacing the radio fixed the camera??) we had a 40 minute "orientation", drove home 50 miles, parked in our driveway and notice there was no power to the auto-leveling unit (which explains why we were told by the technician we will never need to use auto-leveling) and the coach was filthy (pet fur hidden everywhere). Basically they had not even looked at the coach before that day - it was a March 2020 trade-in!

The next day, June 22, 2021, the slide switch didn't work, refrigerator didn't work... no power to the switch panel. We called the dealer, they referred us to a technician at Jayco. After talking with Jayco for 3 hours going over EVERYTHING, it was decided the we would need to return to the dealer for repair. After MANY phone calls (some not so pleasant) the coach was return on 6/29. Today, 7/1, we're told the wiring was fried and the service manager isn't sure how that happened. Anyone else have electrical problems with their 2019 Greyhawk? At this point I don't believe A WORD FROM THE SERVICE MANAGER!
aysalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:11 AM   #2

I have a 2020 Greyhawk Prestige 30XP I bought new July of 2020. Right now my rear camera goes on and off at every bump in the road. Not good when you have a toad you want to keep an eye on. Already have an appointment with dealer for a recall issue and scheduled for October to bring it in. My leveling jacks quit working in May and I found a bad ground to the pump motor I fixed. Don't trust any part of dealerships; sales or service.
RetiredAndFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:36 AM   #3

"fried" wiring really isn't very specific.

Yeah, I had leveling issues - it was a loose ground. Yeah - my ATS "fried" some wires. I replaced them. Yeah, I had a bad battery solenoid. Other than that I can't think of anything major electrical.

Unless you count the generator self-destructing. The AC unit dying...
Old 07-01-2021, 11:52 AM   #4

The Neanderthal I talked with thought it would be better for the technician to discuss the details with my husband…only willing to share “the wires were all fried” with me, “the wife”. I’m done arguing with him.
aysalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aysalter View Post
better for the technician to discuss the details with my husband

Ooooooooooof - you should'a kicked him in the jimmies.

That's happened to us a few times. What she'll do is go get me, and then walk away. I'll let the troglodyte start, then interrupt him and say "Hold on, I need to get my wife."

Then she'll come up and I'll walk away.

This routine works for us.