Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-13-2020, 07:00 PM   #1

2019 jayco class c 22j emergency window screen

is anyone aware if this is avail from any company. our previous jayco tt had a screen in the emergency exit window but our current class c does not. a screen would help with ventilation...suggestions....
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:11 PM   #2

Keep this in mind- some of the emergency exits aren't designed to be open multiple times. I was warned of this on walk through and on another forum I am in, we've had numerous people open them, find out they no longer shut, and have to spend $600 or so to get it fixed. I do not know if that's the case with the 22J, which I have, but I am not willing to find out.
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:24 PM   #3

Thanks, you have a point. I understand some upon opening fall out like they are suppost to. I am not touching it.. Btw what yr is your 22j? Done any suspension change? We changed sway bars fron and rear, also steering stabilizer and what a difference in driving. Wife drives it and is happy. Would like to chat about the 22j, about any issues, so far we have none.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:43 AM   #4

I have a 2019, the same as you. In fact, we bought them from the same place at the same time, although you got yours in Albany (I think) and I got mine at RVOne in Orlando. I too have added front/rear sway bars and a Safe-T-Plus stabilizer. The last piece of the puzzle for me will be a SuperSteer Trac Bar. I'll probably do that next month. I haven't had any major issues yet either. Here's a video of the things we've changed/upgraded. I think since I made this I have added a tiny washer to the fridge to lift the door, swapped the radio again to a DNX995S (the old one had Bluetooth issues,) abandoned the bug screens and went to flea collars, and added a 24 inch TV to the bedroom.

Old 01-15-2020, 06:35 AM   #5

nice video. like your upgrades gave us some ideas. wife is going to watch your video...will tell what we have do so far in addition to suspension upgrade
Old 01-15-2020, 11:56 AM   #6

we added piano hinges to the access panels under the dinette cushions. we are both retired and travel 1 week a month from April to October. if you are ever in the north east give us an email, can show you some areas of interest
Old 01-15-2020, 05:47 PM   #7

Cool- will keep that in mind. Thanks!
Old 01-16-2020, 07:12 AM   #8

do you carry a spare? we purchased a tire only no rim. keep it in plastic in overhead bunk.. did you install the dash console sound system yourself?
Old 01-16-2020, 07:51 AM   #9

I don’t carry a spare. At least now. Give it a few years and I may. I had my radio installed by a local shop. I had the dashcam, speakers in front and back, the radio, and a sub installed. I could have did it myself during a whole weekend or I could pay and have it done in three. Well worth the price to me.
Old 01-19-2020, 11:32 AM   #10

Kenwood dnx875s

Hi, interested in knowing how much better the dash screen brightness/ clarity is over the stock unit, how is gps. Current unit leaves a lot to be desired.thanks..
Old 01-19-2020, 12:01 PM   #11

I swapped the 875S for a DNX995S. Specifically because it has a HD screen, 720p, versus the 480p screen. They are both superior in every single way over the stock radio. I prefer an in dash GPS as I don’t want things all over the dash.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:42 PM   #12

Thanks, will be looking into on monday. There is a place locally. Hope you don't mind all the questions.. How much traveling do you do? Northeast, maine,new hampshire? Great seafood and sites.
Old 01-19-2020, 01:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeek View Post
I swapped the 875S for a DNX995S. Specifically because it has a HD screen, 720p, versus the 480p screen. They are both superior in every single way over the stock radio. I prefer an in dash GPS as I don’t want things all over the dash.

How was the plug n' play?
New harness needed?

Thanks
Old 01-19-2020, 03:33 PM   #14
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeek View Post
I don't know how your screen is, but one of the big issues with the Soundstream (besides the GPS sucking) is the angle of view to the screen from the driver's seat. The issue was the glare on the angle, and second was the distance.

This is why I put the Garmin RV770 in my rig. It's closer to me, I can angle the screen the way I want, plus it has all the RV rated items installed. The only thing I use the Soundstream for is playing my Sirius satellite radio.
Attached Thumbnails
GPS2.jpg  
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 04:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
I don't know how your screen is, but one of the big issues with the Soundstream (besides the GPS sucking) is the angle of view to the screen from the driver's seat. The issue was the glare on the angle, and second was the distance.

This is why I put the Garmin RV770 in my rig. It's closer to me, I can angle the screen the way I want, plus it has all the RV rated items installed. The only thing I use the Soundstream for is playing my Sirius satellite radio.
Totally agree on this, view of in dash unit is very poor.

pward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post

The DNX995S is a HD 720p screen. There is no comparison to the Soundstream whatsoever. It can be any angle from -1 to +5. I can view it perfectly in direct sun. It also has Garmin. And for me, it was important to not have something else on the dash. That's not a dig at you- that's just what I want.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:01 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
How was the plug n' play?
New harness needed?

Thanks
Installer at a shop did it- he used a new harness directly into the ford plugs.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherv View Post
Thanks, will be looking into on monday. There is a place locally. Hope you don't mind all the questions.. How much traveling do you do? Northeast, maine,new hampshire? Great seafood and sites.
We mostly stay in Florida, hitting state parks. We've been on a few state to state trips, but not that far up north. I'd like to at some point.
Old 01-25-2020, 02:13 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherv View Post
is anyone aware if this is avail from any company. our previous jayco tt had a screen in the emergency exit window but our current class c does not. a screen would help with ventilation...suggestions....
Checked our exit window - it will open and close fine. I used velcro tabs (4 corners, 4 in edges) to attach a piece of black fiberglass screen on the inside of the window. It's not very noticeable. We can now open the exit window as far as we want, brace it with a telescoping rod, and enjoy a lot of fresh air. I'll keep on eye on any hint of the window not opening or closing the way it should. Only problem so far is a head-banging hazard.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:23 PM   #20

I made a screen for our 30 foot Class C and velcroed it in place.
1SGPETE is offline   Reply With Quote