Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-15-2019, 05:43 PM   #41

Where is eastport? Find a local rv service person, not camping world. Make sure person is a certified jayco warranty person. We have 2 in our area, have not needed them yet. Both have good rep. We live in hyde park ny
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:08 PM   #42

My 2018 Greyhawk 31fs with JRide Plus drives like my F 150, but keep in mind this is my 3rd Class C motorhome. And yes JRide Plus comes with a steering stablizer and it makes all the difference in the world to drive the coach.
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:11 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
My 2018 Greyhawk 31fs with JRide Plus drives like my F 150, but keep in mind this is my 3rd Class C motorhome. And yes JRide Plus comes with a steering stablizer and it makes all the difference in the world to drive the coach.
I guess you can call that cheap dampener that comes stock as a steering stabilizer. I took it off and put a real one on, world of difference.
bababooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:19 PM   #44

It’s on the eastern end of Long Island we have a small Jayco dealer close to our home with a good service reputation .
Metsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 05:59 AM   #45

Great, stay away from albany rv after the purchase. Question, was your local jayco dealer that much of a price diff? Always good to buy local for service...enjoy your unit...
Old 02-16-2019, 08:30 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherv View Post
Great, stay away from albany rv after the purchase. Question, was your local jayco dealer that much of a price diff? Always good to buy local for service...enjoy your unit...
Just out of curiosity, I did the math based on what Camping World is currently selling their 22J's for. I used the additional items they added onto a quote and 6% Florida sales tax. If I would bought from Camping world, I would have paid $12,813.56 more for my RV. My local dealer would have been less, but still over $4,000 more.
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:17 AM   #47

never purchase from CW.
WOW YOUR LOCAL DEALER WAS THAT MUCH MORE. MUST HAVE NOT WANTED TO DEAL FOR A SALE.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:05 PM   #48

Albany rv recently added additional service writers and a second shift with Saturday service hours as well. At least that is what to told me last week. Too early to see if that helps or not. They are the closest dealer by several hour and I they have responsive on getting the unit in. I will see it this true as I have to get some item repaired before two year mark.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:47 PM   #49

They /sales will tell you anything you want to hear. Salesman was zero knowledgable of our unit. I had to tell him where things were and how they operated.. Demo with paul was good. Ask him questions about anything and he will know, other than that stay away. They will not remember you after the sale
Old 02-19-2019, 12:38 PM   #50

If you are getting anJayco Melbourne, PLEASE check the slide. If it is
a Melbourne Prestige 24LP, PLEASE be very aware of the potential problems with the slide mechanism!!! The mechanism is the Schwintec slide system made by Lippert. It is notorious for having issues. It seems that the larger the slide, the more likely you are to have issues with it. If you are buying the KP model, the slide is smaller than the LP slide, so perhaps less issues. I have been stuck , with the slide not going f in on two occasions since I bought it in August 28th. I finally drove it to the factory in Indiana and left it with them to be repaired. In addition, the heater in the RV didn’t work. It had been wired incorrectly. To top it all off, one of the stabilizer jacks, passenger side, failed. So far, my RV has had a 100% failure rate with 3 different systems and it has been out of operation forquite a long time. If you are goi f to buy this RV, I can’t urge you strongly enough, to go over EVERYTHING in the RV, take your time doing it or better yet, hire an RV inspector to check everything out BEFORE you buy the RV!!! Good luck!!
Patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:46 PM   #51

Melbourne Slide

I’m picking up a Melbourne prestige with the full wall slide in 2 weeks. Thanx for the info I will be sure to check and double check before I drive it home...I hope you get all your issues squared away. I will check back in after picking up RV thnx again
Old 02-19-2019, 04:51 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice View Post
If you are getting anJayco Melbourne, PLEASE check the slide. If you are goi f to buy this RV, I can’t urge you strongly enough, to go over EVERYTHING in the RV, take your time doing it or better yet, hire an RV inspector to check everything out BEFORE you buy the RV!!! Good luck!!
I'm in full agreement. We have never owned a RV before and when the day finally comes that the wife retires and we buy ours being such a "newbe" I probably will hire a inspector to fully check it before we sign the final check on it. It will not leave the Dealer's lot with a known moderate or major problem. Anything minor I won't tie up their service area and take care of it myself.
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:25 PM   #53

I imagine the slide issue will happen over time. No matter how big your slide is, make sure you follow the directions from the manufacture. Better yet brush up on things pre-delivery because the person doing my walk through didn't tell me about holding the switch a few seconds after fully extended or retracted and he didn't tell me about avoiding stopping partially open or closed. So far on the 24K we haven't had any issues with the slides except the bed slide crushed a hard cover book. I thought for sure it would have put it out of alignment but it has worked like a champ for almost 3 years now.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:09 PM   #54

Our Melbourne will have its 3-year anniversary this May - 32,000 miles on it so far. We USE it a lot. Went to an RV show last weekend. Hands down, we wouldn't trade for anything else we went into!
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:33 PM   #55

Glad to hear you had a good experience with Albany RV We are picking up a Melbourne from them next Saturday. We actually purchased it from Orlando RV at the Tampa show last month and they arranged to have a unit delivered from Indiana to Albany closer to our home. Enjoy and stay safe...
Old 03-21-2019, 06:59 AM   #56

Steering wheel vibration

Hello all. I picked up my Melbourne Prestige from Albany RV One this past Saturday and on the 4 hour drive home when reaching 60 mph the steering wheel started to vibrate big time. Jayco says it’s a Mercedes issue. I have a service appointment with Mercedes tomorrow hoping it’s a simple wheel balance. Spoke to Mercedes rep who stated it could be flat spotting of tires just hope I’m not gonna be playing ping pong between Mercedes and Jayco to get this problem resolved
Old 03-21-2019, 07:33 AM   #57

Moot point at this time, but its always a good idea to take the rig for a spin and see how it handles before handing over the cash. The dealer was motivated to fix it up until you signed the dotted line.
bababooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:17 AM   #58

Don't be discouraged. This might be the only issue you ever have. They'll work out all the bugs for you. We went between Jayco and Mercedes a few times, but it was always pretty clear-cut whose problem it was. I must say, when we had our final under-warranty problem resolved, we breathed a big sigh. We tried to be patient through the whole process, because we wanted everything to be perfect; and it has been for a long time now.
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:41 AM   #59

Thnx man appreciate the response....Stay Safe
Old 03-21-2019, 11:29 AM   #60

Reply to CHERV

Had same problem-called dealer(about 2 months after we picked up rig)-2 months to get appointment! Short & sweet they did nothing! Sent out for alignment-would not even provide a report-did not change factory settings-still wandered!. Called Jayco after reading on this site that Jayco would pay for first alignment! Jayco said they would do nothing because I had not notified them within 90 days-apparently notifying their dealer didn't count! So don't delay contact Jayco ASAP if you want any help from them! We had alignment redone at shop that handles lots of RV's knew exactly what to do! We also installed the Safe-T-Plus mentioned in other replies here!
jkkinder is offline   Reply With Quote