Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-08-2018, 07:05 AM   #1

2019 jayco class c purchase

Inspected the unit yesterday and signed the papers. Could not find any problems either under carriage, interior and roof was major sealed. Pick it up on monday. Our first mh. Been trailering for 20+ yrs..impressed with jayco..
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:44 AM   #2

Congrats!
We are looking at a Jayco Greyhawk or a Entegra Odyssey (Jayco's Sister Company) Which model did you get? Nice to hear that the quality was what it should be.
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:15 AM   #3

Model 22j. We are both retired i am 77 the bride is 66. We go out 1 wk a month from april to oct.. After all the negative comments about albany rv ny and issues with jayco i was impressed with fit, finish, roof and under carriage for a entry level unit. Perfect for the 2 of us...good luck with your search.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:17 AM   #4

Thanks cherv
Right now we are in the "between lost & confused stage" Really like the Greyhawks but the Entegra Odyssey has a large window in the front top bunk like the Greyhawk Pretige has. Our Grand kids would have so much fun getting to bunk up there. The Odysseys have more features than a standard Greyhawk but has all the quality and warranty that their parent company Jayco does.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredLEO View Post
Our Grand kids would have so much fun getting to bunk up there.
I can't get my 4 and 5 year old's down from there! They both want to sleep up there and look out at the stars at night. During the day, they sit up there and look out the window with binoculars, play games, etc. I'm really glad I got the window, the kids absolutely love the area up there with it. I don't know they would have as much fun without it. Not to mention, the light it adds to the rig is great, makes it feel much more open.
bababooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
I can't get my 4 and 5 year old's down from there! They both want to sleep up there and look out at the stars at night. During the day, they sit up there and look out the window with binoculars, play games, etc. I'm really glad I got the window, the kids absolutely love the area up there with it. I don't know they would have as much fun without it. Not to mention, the light it adds to the rig is great, makes it feel much more open.
X2...Wife wouldn’t have one without that window. It is a very nice feature. The power shade is handy and it’s easy to use. Like bababooey said added light is what we like along with the view out the front.

Cherv...Congratulations! You are going to really enjoy traveling in your new Class C Jayco. Ours has been great! No major problems and very little adjustments that I have made. Very pleased with our Greyhawk!
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:23 PM   #7

We are getting our 22J tomorrow from RV One- picking it up from Orlando RV.
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:06 AM   #8

we can't wait to take our first trip in April. may I ask what was selling price.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:51 AM   #9

got your email, thanks. did you get hydraulic jacks and slide topper? have to find a way to get air into inside dually...btw we paid 2,000 more was it a 2018 or 2019 model yr?
Old 11-09-2018, 05:56 AM   #10

The 2019’s come with the slide topper. We didn’t get the leveling jacks. I wasn’t sure I wanted to finance something I don’t really know that I needed. They can always be added after the fact. We’ll drive it, beat the heck out of it, loosen it up, and then see if we need them.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:12 AM   #11

I didn't want the leveling jacks either. Just another thing to cause a potential problem. Unit is under 25', a few plastic blocks is all that is needed, keep it simple. We are not going to tow a vehicle, will use enterprise if necessary...wish you well with your unit. Any issues on this end i will let you know.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:16 AM   #12

Leveling jacks also perform a very important function of keeping the motorhome stable while using. When camping high winds can cause movement if you don’t have leveling jacks down. Also walking around or shifting in the bed will rock the motorhome.

Leveling jacks solve this...makes for a sturdy stable platform while camping.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:06 AM   #13

It’s still an option for me, however, there’s no way I wanted to roll that cost into financing. I’ll save and pay cash. I like the idea of levelers, but just wanted to wait.

Picked up the 22J yesterday. I had already contacted Jayco, downloaded & printed the manual, and came ready with questions. This made my walk through go smooth. Three things I noticed- the GFCI is now a little button on the breaker panel under the kitchen cabinets. It’s not longer on an outlet itself. Next, they’ve done away with the driver seat electronic adjustments. It’s all manual. Which is fine- I wasn’t sure how well it would work. Finally, it was built on a 19 450 cutaway. I don’t know why I was thinking I’d get a 17 or 18, but I did.

Driving it wasn’t tough- I hit Orlando traffic and had a few semis pass me. There was push, but not tremoundous push. Where I thought a steering stabilizer was an absolute necessity, I’ll wait, break it in, and see if I need it.

I hit a state park 30 minutes away on the way home to camp over. No problems at all. I am outside of Orlando and was impressed at how many channels the tv picked up.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:23 AM   #14

So is your unit a 2019? Thanks for all the info, we pickup ours on monday. Initial inspection was fine, no issues. Plan to completely coat the engine compartment, front fender wells and under carriage with a product called"fluid film" great stuff, did our gmc when new and also our tt. Consider it..
Old 11-10-2018, 07:38 AM   #15

Yep, 2019. I’ll check out the coating, thanks!
Old 11-11-2018, 06:53 AM   #16

Kind of disappointed that yours came w/out the electric driver's seat. Hope they keep it as a option or on other models. I'm taller, wife is shorter, being able to adjust the seat for each one of us is kind of a big deal. Especially if you have back or leg problems.

If by some chance a Coach I would buy didn't have auto levelers it would be a fast trip to Indiana to get a Bigfoot system. Right now they have their winter pricing............big savings
Old 11-12-2018, 04:57 PM   #17

picked it up today 22j

no issues with unit. Albany rv staff did great. service tech. spent 2 hrs with us to explain all functions both inside and out... attention to detail. this time of yr they are slow so to your advantage to get any questions answered and hands on use of unit.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:06 PM   #18

Awesome. Pretty much mirrors my experience with them down in Orlando.

When you going camping? You get a chance to or is it too cold? Drive on down to Florida- it's pretty nice here.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:09 PM   #19

This is mine, set up for camping on Saturday. Already ready for our next trip- which is next week.
Attached Thumbnails
rh.jpg  
Old 11-12-2018, 06:22 PM   #20

Nice picture. Happy holidays. Keep in touch..