Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-11-2019, 08:31 AM   #1

Angry 2019 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV - Lippert Leveler Issue

My wife and I purchased our 2019 Jayco Greyhawk 29 MV in October 2018. Shortly after purchasing the RV we noticed that the front driver's side leveler was drifting down during storage. The leveler would drift down about 4 - 5 inches while in storage. We took our RV to a Jayco authorized warranty dealer who determined after talking with Lippert Components (manufacturer of the leveling system) that the leveler was BAD and needed to be replaced! So... the saga continues. Lippert does not have a replacement leveler in stock >> they have to manufacture it! This will take 5-7 business days to manufacture, then another 3+ days to ship the replacement leveler to a repair facility! Of course we are leaving on a cross country trip on March 17th from Arizona to Asheville, NC with a BAD leveler that probably drifts down during travel. Lippert suggested that to be safe during our travel that we "strap up" the BAD leveler therefore not allowing it to drift down as we travel down the road. Has anyone ever dealt with having to "strap up" a leveler on an RV?
Chuckmpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:58 PM   #2

Have them to ship parts to a repair shop close to where you will be going and let that shop fix leveler. And Yes , until then use a small ratchet strap to hold it up.
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:34 PM   #3

Or take it off and take it to a local hydraulic shop to have it fixed before you leave. That's probably what I'd do.
biggdave92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:41 PM   #4

Sorry about your leveler issue, but congratulations on the Greyhawk and welcome to the forum.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:53 AM   #5

Angry 2019 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV - Lippert Leveler Issue

Thank you to everyone who replied to my thread about our Lippert Leveler drifting down during storage. As of a few minutes ago, I think, Lippert has all the information and photos necessary to process my claim to get the replacement leveler ordered by Camping World of Asheville. I will post any updates as we go through the process in the coming days. Thanks again. It is comforting to know there are other Jayco owners out there pulling for you.

Chuck
Old 04-28-2019, 03:04 PM   #6

Smile 2019 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV - Lippert Leveler Issue RESOLVED

I love it when a plan comes together. We traveled from Tucson Arizona to Asheville, N.C. with our driver's side leveler strapped up to prevent it from dropping down during travel. On March 29th the new leveler which had to be manufactured by Lippert was installed by Camping World in Asheville! Yea! Since that date and during our return trip to Arizona all four levelers have performed correctly. End of the leveler saga for now.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:19 PM   #7

Positive post about Lippert AND Camping World! Somebody pinch me! ��

Glad all worked out.
hbravo is offline   Reply With Quote