Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-06-2019, 04:31 PM   #1

2019 Senaca 37k

Hello to all,
Recently purchased my first new Seneca 37k. It's already been in for warranty service, replaced radio, cord reel, and fixed steps that were stuck in out position. I have some problems that were not taken care of at the time, (service guy was a little flaky). Two are with Freightliner, steering wheel not lined up right and solid yellow engine light keeps coming on. Not sure which warranty this comes under, but my hydraulic jack alarm keeps going off when rolling. I can get it to stop by hitting the retract button again but after a few minutes alarm comes back on. Service guy acted like this was normal! Surely not. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
FNG to RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:13 PM   #2

I recently bought an Accolade 37TS. I notified the dealer after the test drive that the coach needed to be aligned and wheels balanced. According to Jayco/Entegra warranty that is the only time alignments and balancing will be covered under warranty. The Freightliner dealer (Excel Truck Group) that did the alignment also straightened the steering wheel which was out bu about 1/4 turn.

Hydraulic Jacks, is the power also coming on and then sounding the alarm? I normally turn Jack Power off when travelling.

I am not having any issues with the hydraulic jacks sounding an alarm while driving.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:39 PM   #3

Yes power comes back on and alarm
Old 11-06-2019, 05:41 PM   #4

Also no test drive, just a quick walk-through and here's the keys! First time buying new so really didn't know the procedures.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNG to RV View Post
Yes power comes back on and alarm
Were jacks up or down for the 24 hours prior to driving? The manual says if the jacks are up for 24 hours prior to travel to hit the retract all button before starting. Has something to do with pressure bleed off I believe
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:06 PM   #6

There is nothing like driving down the freeway at 65 when all of a sudden, the Equalizer panel lights up and the alarms start going off. Pucker factor number 2. I checked this site and found that everyone was pushing the retract button, yes it worked, but it also made my chonies, ride me a little tighter.

Then I called Equalizer direct. The tech laughed and asked if I had a Jayco, he then explain that Jayco does not bleed the line, causing the system to act as it did and yes, hitting the retract button works. He said he had a fix for me.

He told me to park on a hard, flat surface. He said to manually raise the jacks until they stopped. The tires will be off the ground. Leave the jacks up for 30 minutes. After time has lapsed, retract the jacks. Wait 15 minutes, repeat. You will do this for a total of 3 times. 3x up for 30 minutes, 3x down for 15.

It worked like a charm, no more tight choine issues.

Hope this works, Good Luck

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9
LaMigra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:08 PM   #7

A little confused... raise the jacks or lower jacks? Seems like I read somewhere to never have the wheels off the ground when using the jacks. Anyway, find a flat spot for 2 hours and 15 minutes, I'll try anything to not have to deal with that service guy again!
Old 11-07-2019, 03:18 PM   #8

I know it sounds crazy, but this came from Equalizer directly. Yep, find a hard flat surface, deploy the jacks until they stop. I also learned to deploy the front and rear at the same time. Don’t do the front first then the rea Once the jacks have been completely deployed, all of the tires will be of the ground. Yes, Ive heard the same thing, never lift the tires off the ground. But the system needs to be fully deployed and under a load. As I said before, 30 up, 15 down, 3 x. All I can say it works.

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9
LaMigra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 03:34 PM   #9

Here is the actual screen grab from equalizer systems. I have tried three times to get it come out the right way but to no success.

Attachment 54605
Attached Thumbnails
20191107_163315.jpg  
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:52 PM   #10

Thanks to all. We're full timers, so as soon as I get a chance, will try it and report back with results@

Tags
37k, alarm, hydraulic, jack, senaca