Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-02-2019, 06:25 PM   #1

2019 Seneca 37fs slideout problem

Rear slide, the one that has the bunks and wardrobe for the master bedroom will not slide out. The rear of the slide will hang and start to move and then does not move out.

Under warranty so I will take in to be fixed.

My question:

Where is the slide system controller/module located?

Already looked underneath in the belly compartments.

Hoping it is not under the bed because what a setup if it is. The slideout in question covers part of the bed while closed.

I want to 1 locate the controller(s) and 2 see if it shows any errors.

Thanks ahead of time for any information
Old 03-02-2019, 06:41 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeM View Post
Rear slide, the one that has the bunks and wardrobe for the master bedroom will not slide out. The rear of the slide will hang and start to move and then does not move out.

Under warranty so I will take in to be fixed.

My question:

Where is the slide system controller/module located?

Already looked underneath in the belly compartments.

Hoping it is not under the bed because what a setup if it is. The slideout in question covers part of the bed while closed.

I want to 1 locate the controller(s) and 2 see if it shows any errors.

Thanks ahead of time for any information
Does the slide have "gear tracks" on the outside wall of the slide? I thought the newer Senecas went to that style which are the Schwintek (Lippert) slide mechanisms. The motors are in the sidewalls at each end of the slide operating shafts that have gears that engage the tracks on the outside slide walls.

Lots of info online about them, how to sync them (and keep them synced) and troubleshooting tips.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:45 PM   #3

It is the style you are describing but I think they have a controller module (unless I am mistaken) that I need to find first to check for errors before doing anything else.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:55 PM   #4

Quote:
It is the style you are describing but I think they have a controller module (unless I am mistaken) that I need to find first to check for errors before doing anything else.
Unfortunately I don't know where it might be hidden in a newer FS. There are some Seneca owners who frequent here and likely know, hopefully they will chime in soon.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:20 PM   #5

My 2014fs has the controller under the bed. Problem on my year is you cannot raise the bed platform with the slide in. Had to remove the hinges and lift away the plywood.
RogerSwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:23 PM   #6

GeorgeM, On our 2016 Seneca 37FS the bunk controller is located under the master bed. To get to it if the slide will not move out you may have to remove the mattress and the plywood base by removing the piano hinge near the headboard. After that is out of the way you have to remove the inside wood covering that hides all the electrical wires that go to your breaker box and control center. Attached is a picture of our controller circled in Green.

Hope this helps.

Ed
Attached Thumbnails
Bunk Slide Controller.jpg  
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2019 Silverado High Country 4x4 Crew Cab
Australian Cattle dogs Zan & Tre
ed4ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:37 PM   #7

Thanks that is exactly what I was afraid of regarding the location of the controller.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:58 PM   #8

Our 2018.5 RB controller is under the bed also, betting that is where it is. Ours got out of sync and was doing as you described but if you continued to hold the button the slide would go out just one side was probably 4-5” out furthere than the other. I have also read several times and also in a schwintech video that when you extend or retract the slide to not let off the switch when you think it is completely in or out, (like I was doing) but continue to hold the button for 4-5 second, it has a relay so you won’t hur anything. Not holding the switch in is what throws them out of sync.

Here is a video from Schwintech showing you how to re-sync the slide even if it won’t go all the way in or out. It worked on mine and haven’t had any problem with ours since I learned about holding the switch

https://youtu.be/JW9BAMjeydo

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:59 AM   #9

Thanks Rusty that did it. I’ll have to dig into the electrical box under the bed later and consider moving the controller to the outside of the bed frame.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Thanks Rusty that did it. I’ll have to dig into the electrical box under the bed later and consider moving the controller to the outside of the bed frame.

GREAT! glad that did it. Holding the button a few seconds after it stops going in or out is what tells the controller where the motors are and keeps them in sync

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:27 PM   #11

Seneca 37fs Slideout Controller Refit

This definitely tops my "REALLY....this is the best you could do Jayco?" list. The controller user manual even states to make sure you place the controller in a location where it can be accessed with the slide closed.

When deciding what to do, I first ruled out mounting the controller(s) on the outside of the bed base. Too high a possibility of them getting damaged. I also ruled out the need to relocate them to another enclosed space because the need to access them would most likely be rare, if ever at all. I've got close to 20k miles on my Seneca and I have never needed to access the controller(s).

Based on this, I decided to just cut an access hole in the bed base and remount the Schwintek controller so it is facing out and cover the access hole with 1/4" cabinet end-cap I had in the attic.

As you can see from picture Controller_1, you can get to the controller, albeit on your hands and knees to read codes. The other controller (PowerGear, front slide) is mounted on the lower PVC board. I left it facing in because there was not enough slack to mount it facing out. There is not much you can do with this controller except replace an on-board fuse or disconnect its power. In that case I will just remove the two screws in the base mount and turn it around. The Controller_2 picture shows the access hole cover in place. Just used some velcro squares. When standing up, you don't even know it's there. If you are an FS owner, you will recognize the black fuse/breaker box to the left. The wood structure to the right is the closet or, in my case, a washer and dryer.
Attached Thumbnails
Controller_1.jpg   Controller_2.jpg  
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:19 PM   #12

Good job! Thanks for posting
Old 03-14-2019, 03:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Good job! Thanks for posting
You're welcome. Easy fix. Mine was a rat's nest so I had to unplug the controllers and untangle wires. After that, installing some supports with scrap wood/pvc trim was quick and easy.
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote