Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-23-2019, 01:24 PM   #1

2019 Seneca

I noticed recently that my dash lights started flicking off and on . Can't find anything in manual. Someone suggested it is low battery but they have a low battery indicator.
Any ideas out their????
Lazerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:38 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerdude View Post
I noticed recently that my dash lights started flicking off and on . Can't find anything in manual. Someone suggested it is low battery but they have a low battery indicator.
Any ideas out their????
I know on my 2014 my center display shows chassis voltage, not sure if newer Senecas still do that. If it does/can, seeing what voltage it reads can let you know whether voltage is an issue.

You certainly should be within the Freightliner warranty period, might be best to let them diagnose and repair it. If you have not dealt with a Freightliner dealer for service yet make sure they know you have a S2RV chassis, not a diesel pusher. Many of us have called our Freightliner dealers to schedule service and be told they can get our motorhomes scheduled 2 to 3 weeks out. When we tell them we have an M2-based chassis, they usually say "can you get here tomorrow?"!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:42 PM   #3

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
I know on my 2014 my center display shows chassis voltage, not sure if newer Senecas still do that. If it does/can, seeing what voltage it reads can let you know whether voltage is an issue.

You certainly should be within the Freightliner warranty period, might be best to let them diagnose and repair it. If you have not dealt with a Freightliner dealer for service yet make sure they know you have a S2RV chassis, not a diesel pusher. Many of us have called our Freightliner dealers to schedule service and be told they can get our motorhomes scheduled 2 to 3 weeks out. When we tell them we have an M2-based chassis, they usually say "can you get here tomorrow?"!
I do have the voltage display and it seemed okay 12.6 volts when key is first turned on.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerdude View Post
I do have the voltage display and it seemed okay 12.6 volts when key is first turned on.
Running mine shows around 14.1 - 14.2.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:50 PM   #5

Update

Yes when running mine shows the 13.6-14.2 volts. Just spoke to Freightliner and they have seen this before it's possibly a connection or fault in the control center. They can fix under warrenty.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:57 PM   #6

Hopefully they will get you in quick!
Old 01-23-2019, 08:15 PM   #7

Check for a loose ground wire - starting with the battery. I had issues with my dash going blank and discovered that the negative cable on the coach battery was loose.
1999 Jeep Wrangler
Papa Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 04:47 PM   #8

Did you ever get a resolution to your issue? I have had the same issue when I am plugged into shore power. I have found that pressing the white button under the dash to the left of the steering wheel does resolve this.
HLBLYHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 04:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLBLYHS View Post
Did you ever get a resolution to your issue? I have had the same issue when I am plugged into shore power. I have found that pressing the white button under the dash to the left of the steering wheel does resolve this.
Thanks I have found that if I turn the ignition switch to on and count to 10 then turn back off resolved the flashing. It's only the lights for instrument cluster none of the warning icons are flashing. Will try your suggestion next time. Have it scheduled at Freightliner end of month before our trip. But drove for 50 miles no issues.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:04 PM   #10

I actually hit the button accidentally with my knee and then the dash blinking stopped. I believe that it is the Aux Start Button, but anytime that the blinking happens, if I push the button just once, then the blinking stops. I may try your solution to see if that works as well. Thanks.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:44 PM   #11

The possible answer

I recently posted same question. Just picked up our 2019 Seneca and had the blinking/flashing as well.

So I am excited to contribute for the first time with good info, I hope, but it kinda made sense to me.

Spoke with John in Jayco Motorized Service today. And he addressed it quickly as if it was indeed common and no big deal. Knew right away what I was speaking about.

The Chasis systems are 24 volt, the house is 12 volt. When you turn off the engine there is sometimes need to disperse the extra voltage/energy. (I know I forgot the exact terminology, so paraphrasing ) This may be the radio flashing or like what happened to us the instrument panel blinking. Once dispersed it stops blinking. For us it would be off by morning but took a few hours.

So John said this was normal. We have not had other issues that could be connected yet. Have not yet been connected to shore power so do not know if may happen then as well
. Yay!!!
RTVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:25 PM   #12

Thanks for the info. I have used the button on the left side of the dash and that does work and you can hear a disconnect from the battery compartment. Also, turning the key over click to the accessory position and keeping it there for 10 seconds before shutting down works as well. I had originally read that this was a software problem going back quite a few years, which didn't make a whole lot of sense. I definitely don't want the dadh lights blinking for over an hour. I found two ways tho clear it. This is how we all learn and share.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTVing View Post
I recently posted same question. Just picked up our 2019 Seneca and had the blinking/flashing as well.

So I am excited to contribute for the first time with good info, I hope, but it kinda made sense to me.

Spoke with John in Jayco Motorized Service today. And he addressed it quickly as if it was indeed common and no big deal. Knew right away what I was speaking about.

The Chasis systems are 24 volt, the house is 12 volt. When you turn off the engine there is sometimes need to disperse the extra voltage/energy. (I know I forgot the exact terminology, so paraphrasing ) This may be the radio flashing or like what happened to us the instrument panel blinking. Once dispersed it stops blinking. For us it would be off by morning but took a few hours.

So John said this was normal. We have not had other issues that could be connected yet. Have not yet been connected to shore power so do not know if may happen then as well
. Yay!!!
Not sure what John is talking about but the Freightliner Chassis is a 12 volt system, NOT 24 volt.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Not sure what John is talking about but the Freightliner Chassis is a 12 volt system, NOT 24 volt.
yep... not sure what this means too...

Most of our electrical systems are shared with the other FL models. This is from the Cascadia owners manual:

If the emergency power supply system activates, do
not shut down the engine until the vehicle is in a safe
position to do so. It will not be able to be restarted
until the problem is corrected. If emergency power
mode is due to a SAM Cab fault, the gauges will become unresponsive but the engine will remain running until it is turned off.
When the ignition is in the ON position, the emergency power supply will cause the following lamps to
flash:
• dash panel lights
• clearance lights
• front marker lights
• side marker lights
• trailer taillights
• rear stop lights

If the chassis batteries are bad, or have a problem... it could contribute to a SAM fault. but I know nothing about the 2019 custom chassis units... Mine is a 2015 and have only dealt with this one time before.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:26 AM   #15

As more communication with dealer and Jayco unfolds I will update. Thanks for for all the additional info
RTVing is offline   Reply With Quote