Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-24-2024, 12:31 PM   #1

2020 29 MV no power to leveler control panel

Our 29 MV was occasionally giving a low voltage warning that e reset fixed however to be on the safe side I took it in to the dealer and they said they cleaned all the terminals and it appeared to be fine. Worked when I tested it in March. Now, about to head out on a Lake Superior tour when I tested it and there was no power to the controller. I have checked the small fuse under the step (I think there's only 1 ??) and also the small fuse above the pump at the rear. The 2 house batteries are in good condition and I am stumped. The local dealer (London Ont.) says they are booked up til late June so any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Even a tip to someone in Southern Michigan that works on these would be helpful. Thanks.
Groveite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 12:39 PM   #2

I would use a voltage meter and check the entire circuit from the pump back to the batteries.

I would also add that levelers are a convenience feature that are not required. Many Class C's don't even have them installed and when parking on level sites then no further considerations are required and when on unlevel spots all that is needed is often a few leveling blocks to drive up on. Point being, I wouldn't cancel a trip because the levelers don't work (at least not when they are already up and not going down) and instead I would just purchase some square blocks, or 2x6's to drive up on until you can have the local dealer fix the issue.

However, I would certainly check the power (voltage), brakes on, in park, all the routine requirements your levelers have, and if your checks don't reveal the issue and if time is short, I would have them repaired later. ~CA
Old 05-24-2024, 03:25 PM   #3

I would check the wiring on the back of the control pad. We had an RV that the control power came from other things that were mounted near it, not from the pump unit.
Kevin Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 05:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Cooper View Post
I would check the wiring on the back of the control pad. We had an RV that the control power came from other things that were mounted near it, not from the pump unit.

I will try to do that tomorrow. Sounds like a distinct possibility. I replaced the pump solenoid and cleaned all the wiring at that end last year!
Old 05-25-2024, 09:11 AM   #5

I have an older schematic that shows the leveling control panel power comes from the 7.5 A fuse that's mounted on the battery disconnect solenoid. I don't know if that's still accurate, but worth a look. The solenoid is under the step.
Old 05-25-2024, 10:22 AM   #6

Thanks for that idea. I did find a fuse under the step but it was a 5 amp...May have missed the other one so will look again!
Old 05-25-2024, 11:25 AM   #7

And recheck the frame ground lug. When my panel started acting up it was the ground connection to the frame.
Old 05-26-2024, 09:25 PM   #8

Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groveite View Post
Our 29 MV was occasionally giving a low voltage warning that e reset fixed however to be on the safe side I took it in to the dealer and they said they cleaned all the terminals and it appeared to be fine. Worked when I tested it in March. Now, about to head out on a Lake Superior tour when I tested it and there was no power to the controller. I have checked the small fuse under the step (I think there's only 1 ??) and also the small fuse above the pump at the rear. The 2 house batteries are in good condition and I am stumped. The local dealer (London Ont.) says they are booked up til late June so any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Even a tip to someone in Southern Michigan that works on these would be helpful. Thanks.
After many hours of research, terminal cleaning and fuse testing I discovered that i should have started at the pump and worked forward. The small ground wire was broken...now repaired and all is well. Than you everyone for your help and PLEASE when a problem is solved for you do return to let us all know the results.
Old 05-27-2024, 12:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groveite View Post
After many hours of research, terminal cleaning and fuse testing I discovered that i should have started at the pump and worked forward. The small ground wire was broken...now repaired and all is well. Than you everyone for your help and PLEASE when a problem is solved for you do return to let us all know the results.
Happy camping!
Kevin Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote