Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-01-2020, 09:29 PM   #1

2020 Seneca jack not coming down

Well we are out on a 2 week trip. Currently in California. We arrived at the RV park and put down the leveling jacks. The back right rear jack isn’t dropping, but the monitor shows it is. I put them up and tried again with the same results. Any suggestions ? Thanks all.
Dchafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 09:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dchafe View Post
Well we are out on a 2 week trip. Currently in California. We arrived at the RV park and put down the leveling jacks. The back right rear jack isn’t dropping, but the monitor shows it is. I put them up and tried again with the same results. Any suggestions ? Thanks all.
If it won't budge on the initial lowering of all 4... can you try to wiggle it and free it from what might be sticking?

I have not had any such experience in this area.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 10:01 PM   #3

Read today on this or another website the same problem with jack not dropping down. It was found that upon installation the wires were crossed. This was a case of it being a new MH. Just thought that would be worth mentioning.
Oklahoma Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 06:58 AM   #4

Can you check voltage on the rear solenoid valve with a meter when trying to lower. If you pull back on the connector you can get meter leads on it. The yellow and orange wire are the rear solenoids. Also make sure that common ground connection on the side of the pump is tight. Good Luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Levelling Jack Pump.jpg  
75462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 07:12 AM   #5

You can also manually drive the jack down with the pump running with a allen wrench on the end of the solenoid to see if the hydraulic part of the problem can be eliminated.
Attached Thumbnails
Operate Jack Manually.jpg  
75462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:56 AM   #6

On one of our trips I had a jack that did not lower but it wasn't because there was a problem. That corner of the coach (passengers side front) did not need to be raised for leveling.

I later retracted the jacks, moved the coach due to the distance to the sewer hookup and leveled again. The second time all the jacks came down.

That trip was the only time I have had that happen.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 11:09 AM   #7

Not related to the jack not coming down issue but something to check and keep an eye on if you are under the rig by the pump unit is the welds on the bracket that holds the pump as units has broken off on some Jayco models. Mine still looked in good shape but lots of flex in the factory bracket so I added a support bracket that goes down to a solid exhaust bracket on the frame and it is rock solid now.
Attached Thumbnails
i-6x9NqTh-X2.jpg   i-CsZMdgr-XL.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 12:12 PM   #8

That bracket is a great idea. When I took my Seneca to the dealer to install the DV2 Kit they added what I assume is a splash guard below the pump and tank .
Attached Thumbnails
6333DF93-8ADC-4406-ABC4-FF028E2B7303.jpg  
Previous RVs: 3 truck campers and 2 fifth wheels
Love the Seneca. Toad 2018 Ford F-150
Mnwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 10:51 AM   #9

An update on the jack. We arrived at our next location (Chico Ca). That same jack stayed up while the others lowered. Manually put the jack down from the panel. I looked under and all connections looked secure. So I decided to raise all up again and try auto level again to see if it worked. Although it was the last jack to go down, it did go down as it should have. Usually when I engage auto, they all come down at the same time. Do these need to be greased? Thanks for all the suggestions and replies.
Dchafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 11:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dchafe View Post
An update on the jack. We arrived at our next location (Chico Ca). That same jack stayed up while the others lowered. Manually put the jack down from the panel. I looked under and all connections looked secure. So I decided to raise all up again and try auto level again to see if it worked. Although it was the last jack to go down, it did go down as it should have. Usually when I engage auto, they all come down at the same time. Do these need to be greased? Thanks for all the suggestions and replies.
Don't use grease... I use WD40 or a rag with Automatic Trans Fluid(ATF) that cleans them up.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 07:46 PM   #11

WD 40 is recommended. I’d spray it down and run it a few times. Should work itself out.
Kwarstler is offline   Reply With Quote