Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: What Model/length is your 2021 E450 based motorhome? Are you have issues with ESC, A
Wheel base 181" 2 66.67%
Wheel base 195" 0 0%
Wheel base 223" 1 33.33%
Something else 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2021, 12:25 PM   #1

2021 E 450 ESC problems

I know alot of us have been experiencing problems with ESC, Advance Trac, Cruise inop and Hill Start unavailable. I know that they are part of the same system. My 2021 Odyssey 29k wa sin the shop a couple times to change speed sensors that did not correct the problem. I have been waiting and watching before brining it back into the Ford dealer.

Having spent part of my life owning a shop and diagnosing these types problems it was really odd that so many vehicles were affected from the factory and I wondered why. If it were something mechanical it seemed it would have been found by now. So my thoughts were "What is different about a motorhome compared to just the van?" I wondered about the added length.

I wonder if length is a factor in who is affected? I would like to know if you have problems could you post model and length?

It seems Ford also planned for this but I wondered how many of our units are calibrated for their new wheelbase?

See attached from Ford:
https://madocumentupload.marketingas...2faad&v5=False
sbro302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 10:18 PM   #2

We have a 2021 30z and have the problems with the advance track. Coming from Houston to San Francisco last week it happened on the road. The hill assist goes off, cruise control goes off and the steering immediately gets real squirrelly. After fighting if for about 50 miles we stopped to get a bite to eat. When we came back out and got back on the road everything was fine. I think there’s a recall on that but I’m not sure. Our rig is supposed to go to the Ford dealer the middle of the month