Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-01-2020, 08:35 PM   #1

2021 Greyhawk Circus

Just 6 weeks after driving our new Greyhawk 30x home from Myrtle Beach, my bride and I were beach camping and woke up to a large pizza sized puddle of water on the over cab bunk. Water was coming out of the trim piece right under the seam of the solid front cap. Naturally we called and requested an appointment at the dealer we bought her from (Camping World, Myrtle Bch). After being told 2 weeks from then was the best they could do, a couple follow up calls and voila, we were told to drive her on down and she'd get checked out. A 4 hour drive later, we were there and met with our service rep. After an initial in take check, we found 5 of the exterior storage doors also leaked and the tv we had in one was trashed. That was the good, and it just got worse. The water in the cab was caused by all of the roof top marker lights being improperly sealed. The exterior storage doors had bad seals and no insulation around the interior. Eight weeks, after three payments, endless calls to dealership and Jayco, we finally got our rig back. When we showed up to pick her up, we were handed the keys and asked to sign the warranty claim, no walk thru, the rig was dirty inside and out and there were even screws laying on the floor inside. The only detail unmarred was the $135 oil change charge. Full disclosure, the service manager did take time from his busy schedule to hear my concerns and give me some maint advice. This whole experience makes me want to have a comprehensive quality check of my rig, I mean what if the the factory tech who installed my marker lights works the brake install line on Wednesdays. I get it, even a million dollar mansion requires maintainence.
Dutch64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:35 AM   #2

Hello Dutch64. Welcome to the world of a new Jayco Greyhawk RV. I have a 2020 Greyhawk Prestige 30XP - first time RV owner - and if i told you all my "things breaking " stories these past 6 months you would not believe it. I have been told numerous times that you have to work out the bugs. Remember, there are 20 + mfr's in your motorcoach - things are going to go bad - leaks are going to occur - etc... You just need to stay on top of it as you have the warranty. Personally, I seem to get better service when i call Jayco then when dealing with RVONE ( that is where i purchased ).They seem to give the better advise and they have stepped in a couple times calling the dealer to assist with my frustrations. I hope all goes well and things are getting resolved. Just remember - document everything - stay on top of getting things fixed under warranty.
jellyjamblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:03 AM   #3

FWIW, especially for those near Atlanta, I've used NIRVC for all of my warranty issues and cannot say enough good things about them. My issues have been few, thankfully, but the customer service reps there have always been accommodating.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABob View Post
FWIW, especially for those near Atlanta, I've used NIRVC for all of my warranty issues and cannot say enough good things about them. My issues have been few, thankfully, but the customer service reps there have always been accommodating.
Thanks for this note.. putting it in a safe place. I've just been doing all my own repairs, but if something gets bad enough I have a place to visit. I won't go near any of the Camping Worlds around here. My personal experience is bad enough where I won't go near'm.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:20 AM   #5

Sounds about par for the course regarding Jayco contemporary build quality and "stealerships". Look up my nightmare post and you will see you are not alone.
Jim_in_WA is offline   Reply With Quote