Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-26-2020, 03:39 PM   #1

2021 Greyhawks

We are a happy owner of a 2018 Greyhawk but wondering if anyone knows (or heard) of upcoming changes for the 2021 model year? We have been under 'house arrest' for the past couple of months, so I haven't been able to chat with our local Jayco dealer rep.

Please chime-in... "Inquiring minds want to know".
2017 Ford Edge w/Blue Ox Setup
To Yosemite... and Beyond!
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:08 PM   #2

The major change will be the new chassis. Ford is ditching the V10, so there will be chassis changes.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:20 PM   #3

The dreaded transaxle shimmy/vibration the plagued the 2016s and some 2017s would give me enough pause to hold off a few years if I were in the market. And that was just a switch from the 5 speed to 6 speed transmission.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
The dreaded transaxle shimmy/vibration the plagued the 2016s and some 2017s would give me enough pause to hold off a few years if I were in the market. And that was just a switch from the 5 speed to 6 speed transmission.
Yep, even in our 2018 (bought in spring 2017), we had the vibration issue, but has since been fixed.
2017 Ford Edge w/Blue Ox Setup
To Yosemite... and Beyond!
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 06:00 AM   #5

Happily I took my rig up to 70 (on accident) and had no vibration at all. The thought I had right behind “Oh I have to slow it down” was “No vibration - I’m glad I have the V10.” I’m sure the Godzilla engine is an upgrade, but until the chassis stretchers and MH manufacturers perfect it I’m not interested. The Godzilla V8 will be there for whatever my next MH ends up being, Class ‘C’ or ‘A’.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 06:48 PM   #6

The V-10 is as close to a diesel as you could get. I never owned any Ford before and I have to say I love this motor. I've had the 6.0 and 8.1 GM motors in trucks, both used a little oil and can't really compare to the 6.8 Triton. The Ford uses no oil and has great torque. I have no desire to own a diesel but understand the need in a giant class A.
rndsommer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:04 PM   #7
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
Happily I took my rig up to 70 (on accident) and had no vibration at all. The thought I had right behind “Oh I have to slow it down” was “No vibration - I’m glad I have the V10.” I’m sure the Godzilla engine is an upgrade, but until the chassis stretchers and MH manufacturers perfect it I’m not interested.
I had a vibration/hum at around 60, just when a bit of throttle was pressed. Ended up being a MORryde issue, when they stretched the chassis. They had a extra shim in the driveshaft support hangar bearing bracket. Took out one shim, and vibration/hum went away.

And 70... pfffttt... We came back today from a short trip to Maryland... my cruising speed is between 70 -75... sometimes a little more if I'm getting around an 18 wheeler...

Oh, and I'm loving the handling and ride. With the addition of the two sway bars, Reflex steering stabilizer, and I cranked down on the helper springs, the rig rides and handles really nice.... finally....
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 06:32 PM   #8

One practical point of the new motor is it might be a bit shorter, and maybe the dog house won't impinge on the passenger's legs as much. You know, that spot at the corner of the passenger seat when they want to get up and come in the back. On the other hand I've read there's no improvement in mileage and it may be even worse than the V10. But I'm in the wait and see crowd. There's bound to be bugs with this new engine, hopefully not as large as the murder hornet, but you never know.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 07:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
I had a vibration/hum at around 60, just when a bit of throttle was pressed. Ended up being a MORryde issue, when they stretched the chassis. They had a extra shim in the driveshaft support hangar bearing bracket. Took out one shim, and vibration/hum went away.

And 70... pfffttt... We came back today from a short trip to Maryland... my cruising speed is between 70 -75... sometimes a little more if I'm getting around an 18 wheeler...

Oh, and I'm loving the handling and ride. With the addition of the two sway bars, Reflex steering stabilizer, and I cranked down on the helper springs, the rig rides and handles really nice.... finally....

I was just wondering about the shims. I have 31fs so I think I may have another shim stack? Do you have 2 stacks? How many shims in each?
foglght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 10:56 AM   #10
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by foglght View Post
I was just wondering about the shims. I have 31fs so I think I may have another shim stack? Do you have 2 stacks? How many shims in each?
With my rig being shorter, there is just one hangar bearing. There were two shims installed. I supported the drive shaft with a jack, and removed one of them. I was really surprised how much of a difference that made.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 10:59 AM   #11

TFL Truck has a video on YouTube about the new engine and upgrades from Ford. They reviewed the new engine and F53 chassis upgrades to the traditional V10 and chassis. According to them, they noticed a huge difference in handling on the F53 chassis from whatever changes Ford made to it.
Old 06-17-2020, 09:36 PM   #12

2021 no 31fs floor plan. No more 2 slides, just 1 Biggggg slide on drivers side. Personally I think it is too much wieght on one side. I will just keep my 2018 31fs until they come out with a better floor plan.
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 07:30 AM   #13

My Redhawk 31f has a full wall slide on the drivers side and it doesn’t seem to be an issue even with the two tornadoes (4 year old twins) bouncing around when they get crazy. There are plenty of coaches out there with full wall slides.
Old 06-18-2020, 10:00 AM   #14
RPR

Hope they will hold off putting new motor in RVs till ford gets all the newbie bugs And engineering mistakes worked out.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote