Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-09-2021, 03:11 PM   #1

2021 red hawk se 22c initial trip

Took 22c to daytona from georgetown kentucky last week. Had three issues 1) black tank and gray tanks dump valves and markings reversed. 2) large storage drawer under cook top mounting bracket not secured to RV wall drawer kept opening every turn it made. 3) slow leak of water from under front corner of refrigerator.
Will be taking 22c back to dealer for 1) and 3). Couldn't wait for water leak so removed vent cover below refrigerator and found the cold inlet hose large white connection to water heater tank loose. Tightened connection so far so good.
Bob-ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 07:04 PM   #2

Well at least Jayco is consistent. We traveled to Missouri and back last month and had identical issues. Both of the water lines to the hot water tank on ours was leaking, loose drawer and mislabeled dump valves.
EddyOsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:00 PM   #3

Remember it's a boom market - they can't make them fast enough to fill demand. That's going to me some "accelerated" build lines and perhaps some technicians that are a little green around the gills.

That said - there's ZERO excuse for the complete lack of QC on these units as they come off the line. If there's a Jayco manager sitting in their office from 8 to 5, then they need to get their a$$es out and check the builds from 5 to midnight!
Old 07-12-2021, 05:24 PM   #4

I had a few minor things I fixed. Coming up on the end of my 2020 22C warranty, my back up camera lost power. I couldn't find the in line fuse, so reluctantly took it to the dealer. It's been mostly problem free, but it was made pre-covid.
chadsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 05:24 PM   #5

I'm having the same problem with the water. It's even damaged part of the wall above the floor. If I could figure out how to post a pic....Anyway, I'll check out your solution. Ours is a 2021 Redhawk 22J,
Golfnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 11:36 PM   #6

Yes, Jayco is consistent. Immediately had the same issues and many many more. When I have an hour or two I will post them. Long story short my 2021, 22C Redhawk is my first and last Jayco purchase.
Chestiap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 03:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chestiap View Post
Long story short my 2021, 22C Redhawk is my first and last Jayco purchase.

Sooooooooooooooooooo

You're going to keep this one forever, then?
Old 12-12-2021, 03:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-ky View Post
Took 22c to daytona from georgetown kentucky last week. Had three issues 1) black tank and gray tanks dump valves and markings reversed. 2) large storage drawer under cook top mounting bracket not secured to RV wall drawer kept opening every turn it made. 3) slow leak of water from under front corner of refrigerator.
Will be taking 22c back to dealer for 1) and 3). Couldn't wait for water leak so removed vent cover below refrigerator and found the cold inlet hose large white connection to water heater tank loose. Tightened connection so far so good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOsage View Post
Well at least Jayco is consistent. We traveled to Missouri and back last month and had identical issues. Both of the water lines to the hot water tank on ours was leaking, loose drawer and mislabeled dump valves.
Wonder if they have a close production date?
Old 12-12-2021, 04:44 PM   #9

Always make sure you dry out the "wood" cabinetry when it encounters water. The time it takes for the garbage board to swell and the vinyl to peel is in hours, not days. An electric heater aimed at the area works well, careful of course.

Water pump under fridge leaked due to connections not being tightened. Didnt take long for cabinet to soak up the water and expand.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 05:41 AM   #10

I have a Melbourne and all my drawers are a problem in not staying closed. Mine came off the line when manufacturing started again this last spring. Some of the fascia glued on to cover nail heads has popped off. But luckily so far no leaks. Hope you get your problems fixed. I’m worried about having to go back to the dealer as I am using the darn thing and don’t want it in lock up. I had it stranded at the MB dealer for two weeks for what turned out to be a vacuum hose. Can’t blame Jayco for that one.
bluztoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 08:15 PM   #11

We have a 22j and love it. Your hot water is under the refrigerator. Ours leaked more than once remove access panel and tighten the hot red line connection to the hw tank. Do not use a wrench,hand tighten only. We check it frequently, seems road vibration must be cause or hot water expansion.
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 08:29 PM   #12

2021 redhawk 22c spare rim

Our 22j did not come with a spare so we carried a tire only for 3 yrs without insident. Just received our new rim (ford e450) from a company called (fwr) factory wheel replacement for $118. Plan on mounting our tire and carrying it on back of coach..frees up space in overhead bunk...
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 01:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluztoo View Post
I have a Melbourne and all my drawers are a problem in not staying closed. Mine came off the line when manufacturing started again this last spring. Some of the fascia glued on to cover nail heads has popped off. But luckily so far no leaks. Hope you get your problems fixed. I’m worried about having to go back to the dealer as I am using the darn thing and don’t want it in lock up. I had it stranded at the MB dealer for two weeks for what turned out to be a vacuum hose. Can’t blame Jayco for that one.
These may work for the drawer issue.

https://www.amazon.com/CUTESAFETY-Ch...s%2C134&sr=8-7
Bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 05:37 PM   #14

purchased the Redhawk SE in April 2021 with the same problems with drawers and labels with the addition of a bad 120V distribution panel that melted due to poor electrical connection and in addition I couldn't keep fresh water in the tanks after a City water fill.... took the dealer 2+ months to repair. When I went to pick up the coach and asked to demo all that was repaired the water pump wouldn't work... took them another 2 hours to repair that while I waited....
They never did fix the potable water issue... fixed that myself....
8thdwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 05:42 PM   #15

2018 Greyhawk 31fs cold water line going to hot water tank leaked. I tightened it up and so far all ok, just keep eye on it…
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote