Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-15-2022, 01:01 PM   #1

2022 Greyhawk 29MVP Solar Charging Question

On our 2022 Grayhawk we have a 190 W solar panel, dual controller and two house batteries. I’m getting conflicting answers to this question. Does the dual controller charge the house batteries only or does it also keep the chassis battery charged? Two different answers from two different dealers. Thought I’d see if anyone has real world knowledge before I contact Jayco. Thanks.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 01:07 PM   #2

I also have the same motorhome. Charger says it’s charging two batteries so I assume the two house batteries but really don’t know!
Ttlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 02:52 PM   #3

The solar on my 2022 Odyssey was dealer-installed (the factory missed it on the order form) - it is the standard Go Power Overlander kit with a single 190W panel and 30 Amp PWM dual battery bank charge controller along with an extra house battery. I assume that is the same as the factory installed equipment.

Bank A is connected to the House and Bank B is connected to the Chassis. I didn't trace the wires but I used a multimeter to compare the house and chassis with the reported Bank A and Bank B voltage; this experiment is best done early in the morning when the house battery has been partially run-down overnight.

The two house batteries are wired in parallel - there is no way for the charge controller to measure the voltage on them independently. They charge and discharge together.
ait109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 02:56 PM   #4

We have a 2022 Greyhawk 31F equipped with Go Power's GP-RVC-30-MPPT controller. It has 2 battery outputs. BAT1 charges the house battery, and BAT2 charges the starter battery.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 03:45 PM   #5

That makes sense!! Thanks for the info!!
Ttlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 05:21 PM   #6

Thanks to everyone. Will test the remotes voltage compared to actual multimeter readings tomorrow and report back.
ait109 and OnTheGo your explanations make perfect sense. Thanks for helping with this.
Old 04-16-2022, 10:19 AM   #7

2022 Greyhawk 29MVP Solar Charging Question

So I checked the batteries against the readout on the remote. Everything checked out as you said guys. Battery 1 is the coach and battery 2 is the chassis. Thanks again for helping to clear that up for me.