Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-20-2021, 04:43 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
I feel your frustration. All my previous rvs you just put a hose in a fill cap located on the outside of the rv to fill the tank. Turn on the pump and use. If you used pressurized water source just hook up the hose, turn off the pump and use. They are making these things too complicated if you ask me.
... agreeing with you 100%. I don't mind having the new system, but see more negatives than gains with it. As far as filling goes, gravity always works. And a single run from the tank to the pump was something that should have been left as is.

The single inlet connection is a convenience, but there wasn't anything I ever considered work about having to reconnect after taking on water.

You could argue that sanitizing and winterizing are easier, but I don't think so.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 04:49 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawkwidow View Post
Well we did everything that was suggested, set the dials, filled the tank to overflowing, flipped the washer, etc and still nothing. The pump is running when it is switched on, but still no water....
When I had a Redhawk we were at a state campground and the pump ran but didn't pump, I went to my dealer and they gave me a new one and it worked till I got rid of it. Question do you hear the pump running if not check the fuse
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 04:52 PM   #23

My pump and filter were in the back storage compartment on the drivers side behind a panel with 4 screws
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 05:40 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
My pump and filter were in the back storage compartment on the drivers side behind a panel with 4 screws
I relocated the pump on my 31 UL. You could barely see it. I moved it down and now I can change it out in 5 minutes. I keep a spare.
Old 11-20-2021, 10:59 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawkwidow View Post
Well we did everything that was suggested, set the dials, filled the tank to overflowing, flipped the washer, etc and still nothing. The pump is running when it is switched on, but still no water....

We all feel your frustration - we've all been there in one fashion or another.

If there's water in the tank, if the valves are set properly, if the pump is running, then it's going to be one of two things:
- the pump died. It happens. Rare but it happens
- there's a leak

Hopefully the service person will figure it out for you!
Old 11-24-2021, 01:24 PM   #26

You stated your at 1/3 full, you might not have enough water in the tank, fill up at least till 2/3. If your boon docking you could siphon water in by using the “winter” valve settings, with the included hose you were suppose to receive, but you will have to pop out that back flow valve and screen, turn it around at the city water inlet.

To fill from spigot, connect a fresh water drinking hose to your “city fill” inlet connection on the RV, the other end to a pressure reducer, then turn your valves to “city fill”, keep checking your gauges, stop at 2/3. Then turn valves to “Normal” positions. My Redhawk is 3 & 5. Turn on your pump. If it starts to run for a while might just be air bound. If it doesn’t prime in 1-2 min, turn off pump and let cool down, start over. You can try and prime the pump and lines yourself by filling with water at the connections, but you’d have to find the pump location first.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 01:53 PM   #27

Try this

One more thing to try. If your sure the tank is full and valves are in correct position.

Open allllll cold and hot water valves in trailer (shower, sinks, and flush toilets) then turn pump on and let it run for a few mins. I have helped others at campsites with this method. It takes up to 10 mins but your pump will be fine. Water should start to dribble out.
Outkast951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 06:54 PM   #28

I had the same problem in my 2021 Redhawk 22A, called Jayco tech support, no help, they sent me to a local rv service co. That place had it a week and what they came up with was to arrange the vales to 3 and 5-1/2 (instead of 5). It worked but Jayco is still pushing units out with this type of problem. Good luck!
Moty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 07:14 AM   #29
MDR

I have a new 27u same thing happened city water worked fine but the water pump did not work on any setting took it back to the dealers and they replaced the pump . Let’s hope it works in the spring.
MDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 07:18 AM   #30
MDR

Just had the same problem had the pump replaced on my 2022 27u
MDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 07:24 AM   #31

Hi you should have two pump on & off switchs one inside on control panel and one in the wet bay where your valves are at. make sure the each switch is turned on then try. There is a small bowl screen inside where your pump is at take that off to make sure it is clean. Check all water lines going to pump are tight. We had issues with ours with one line going to pump was not tight and air was getting in system . We have a 2019 Red hawk. Switch in wet bay should light up when on pump switch on panel should light up. If no light and pump does not come on check for blown fues. Hope this helps
MB56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 02:01 AM   #32

I hate to mention the obvious but have you checked the winterization settings of the hot waterheater bypass and all valves around the pump ie. antifreeze suction line and valves?
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 07:21 AM   #33
Geo

Process of elimination

Our water schematic was mislabeled, so we were in a similar situation.

This takes a bit if time but, by process of elimination, you can try all possible combinations: Set the first dial to #1. Put second dial on #4 and try the water. If that doesn't work, set it to #5 and try the water. Then #6.

If none of those work, set first dial to #2 and second dial to #4, then #5, then #6, trying your water at each setting.

If none of those work, set the first dial to #3, and repeat the process for the second dial. You will have run through all possible combinations. Unless there is an obstruction in your water line, or your pump is not working, one of these settings should work.

I've had many RVs but never before had one with a water system as complicated as the Jayco. Good luck.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 07:43 AM   #34

You have to start at the pump. Take off the outlet side of the pump. The pump has arrows on it showing the flow of water. It just screws off. Turn pump on and see if it pumps. If it does then there is an issue with the valves. You can take the pump off and hook a 12 volt battery to it with a short hose in a bucket of water also to check. This stuff isn’t hard to do.
Old 11-27-2021, 01:10 PM   #35

Ok Try this to fill the tank it should be 1 and 6 to fill then after it is full needs to be 3 and 5 to use the pump. Make sure while filling the tank leave the water pump off.

If this does not work take a photo of the area where your water bay is . So we can see what the switches are set to. Then also a picture of the numbers and what the different settings say. I will help if I can but we need this so I can help you also. I know you are frustrated right now I was to but take a deep breath and relax. It will be ok and most of us here will help you get this issue resolved.
hamerjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 05:56 PM   #36

Hi. Just wondered if you got your issue resolved. Any updates?

We just bought a Redhawk 26M as well. Hope it was resolved.
zoelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 08:14 PM   #37

Hi all. The water pump issue was never resolved and it is scheduled for repair in February. On top of that, the microwave stopped functioning. So that's getting replaced as well.
redhawkwidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 07:27 PM   #38

Hi wanted to follow up on this since your appointment would have been earlier this year. I also have a 26M and it will not siphon water on 1 and 4 (Country Fill and also Tank Sanitization). I’ve gone through every combination of numbers just in case they screwed that up. I also turned the mesh around. I turned the pump on and it runs but there is no sucking. I drained all the water from the fresh tank and even turned the low drain on to try to help it prime. I did close the low drains as it will not siphon with them open. I’ve got about 5-10 hours into this with no luck. And of course I read the manual. No luck.
Kristy Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 06:48 AM   #39

Haven't tried the water pump yet as we haven't needed to utilize the fresh rank. We are going to test it this week. I'll keep you posted.
redhawkwidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 07:42 AM   #40

Thank you
Kristy Trip is offline   Reply With Quote