Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-18-2021, 05:11 PM   #1

2022 Redhawk 26M fresh water issues

Having a heck of a time figuring out how to fill and then utilize the fresh water tank when not hooked up to city water. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
redhawkwidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 05:35 PM   #2

Did u get shown how to use the dials for filling, city water, normal, etc?
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 05:59 PM   #3

We did at the dealership but it was such a quick run thru. My husband and I have watched numerous videos and currently have the fresh tank at 1/3 full and have tried different settings but still have not been able to figure out what is wrong. It is currently plugged into its own 30 amp circuit, have switched on the water pump, opened the kitchen faucet and nothing. What should the setting be and what else are we doing wrong?
Old 11-18-2021, 06:12 PM   #4

I am assuming your water setup is the same as my Entegra.

To USE the onboard water system tank, you set the valves to 3-5, normal. Turn the pump on and should have water flow. You may need to bleed out the air in the system. Do you hear the pump running?

To FILL the onboard tank when no city water is available, you set the valves to 1-4, country fill. You then flip the little washer screen thing around at the city water connection (this presses the screen against the check valve to allow flow). Then connect a hose (a short white hose should have been included in your purchase) to the city water connection and run the other end into your water supply. Turn on the pump and it is supposed to flow into the tank. It helps to raise the water supply as high as possible for better pick up.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 06:33 PM   #5

X2, the levers need to be in the correct orientation. Can you post an image of the valves and what they say.

Also note, the tank sensors are notorious for being inaccurate.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 07:04 PM   #6

Thank you all for your prompt responses. We will try all of your suggestions and post the results tomorrow.

Stay tuned.....
Old 11-19-2021, 08:42 AM   #7

Maybe it's just me

But when I bought my 1st RV, this one, my 25r, after years of trailer and cab over campers, I paid attention to the walk thru, asked questions, and tried to remember everything
I also found the manual, or manuals...lol... And read up on a few things

Traveling blind in a house in an earthquake is a big mistake

Tons of videos online, read the manuals, or go back to the dealership and get another walkthrough

Good luck
Old 11-19-2021, 12:00 PM   #8

Well we did read the manual, which is cryptic at best,the dealer is 2.5 hrs away, have watched many videos tutorials and this is the only issue we cannot figure out. I guess since you can't offer any additional suggestions, you just might not have a clue either.

I'm calling service.
Old 11-19-2021, 01:13 PM   #9

Everyone has told u what to do, as well as I

Have u tried those suggestions yet? It's probably the valves in your water compartment
Old 11-19-2021, 05:20 PM   #10

I had problems until I figured out about flipping the washer, as dxrobinson says. There’s a valve in there and the washer screen poking on it actually controls it. Best to you.
Old 11-19-2021, 07:30 PM   #11

To fill your fresh water tank, set dials to city fill (not sure the numbers) connect hose and turn on water wait for guage to show full.
To use water from tank set dials to normal, turn off water turn on water pump open a faucet and water should flow..
Marshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 10:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawkwidow View Post
I guess since you can't offer any additional suggestions, you just might not have a clue either.

I'm calling service.

I'm not sure if you meant that to be rude - but it came across that way. But, that's the Internet, isn't it?

We can usually help.
But you have to meet us halfway.

The Jayco manual is next-to-worthless for these questions. Browse this forum for a little bit and you'll find that mentioned over and over.

Figure out how to take and post pictures.
Yes - Jayco changes things so not everyone here has your exact setup.

If your water closet looks like mine below, say so and we can help you some more.
Attached Thumbnails
water.png  
Old 11-20-2021, 07:11 AM   #13

My guess is you have no water in tank. Just because the lights show 1/3 full means nothing. Fill tank till it overflows so you know it is full. Then change settings to normal turn on pump and you should have water. Pretty easy to forget to change valves to proper setting. Safe travels

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 12:27 PM   #14

Sorry for the snarky response. I did call service and the gave the same answer, but didn't say anything about the tank being filled. Dh is out there now filling the tank. We will follow everyone suggestions and hopefully it will work....
Old 11-20-2021, 01:06 PM   #15

Well we did everything that was suggested, set the dials, filled the tank to overflowing, flipped the washer, etc and still nothing. The pump is running when it is switched on, but still no water....
Old 11-20-2021, 02:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawkwidow View Post
Well we did everything that was suggested, set the dials, filled the tank to overflowing, flipped the washer, etc and still nothing. The pump is running when it is switched on, but still no water....
The next step would be to set the dials for country fill, flip the washer on the hose connection (as described above), and then try to pump water from a bucket into the tank.

If that doesn't work you likely have a leak on the suction side of the pump. If any air is pulled into the system the pump will not prime and can't move water. Ours had a suction leak from the factory.

Don't cancel your trip. You can drink bottled water, and flush using a bucket until you get it fixed. Fill the tank with city pressure and take the water from the low point drain. One heck of an inconvenience after spending for a Redhawk, but it will work for now
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 03:24 PM   #17

I feel your frustration. All my previous rvs you just put a hose in a fill cap located on the outside of the rv to fill the tank. Turn on the pump and use. If you used pressurized water source just hook up the hose, turn off the pump and use. They are making these things too complicated if you ask me.
Old 11-20-2021, 03:33 PM   #18

Can you see your fresh water tank? If can see your pump, unscrew the fitting on the outflow side of the pump. It has an arrow on it to see if you are getting water.
Old 11-20-2021, 03:38 PM   #19

Thank you all again for all your help. Tried every suggestion to no avail. No one ever mentioned flipping the fill screen washer. Will have to contact the dealer again on Monday.

Sigh....
Old 11-20-2021, 03:40 PM   #20

No luck with any of the suggestions. The dealer will get another call on Monday

Sigh...