Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2016, 03:04 PM   #41

We're in a 31FK which also claims a 33 gallon tank. I'm thinking they measure with small gallons. We were out in about a day. Our older Coachmen had a 50 gallon tank that we could stretch for several days.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:43 AM   #42

Well I'm on full hook ups this weekend for the first time in a while. As long as the campground had good pressure, I'll be livin' large for a change!
Colorado Springs, CO
JDSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:48 PM   #43

tobiecat

My wife and I have decided on a 29 ME to purchase in the next several months. The floor plan is perfect with all the storage below. We live in No Cal and are shopping prices. If anyone can offer some help on our new purchase, it would be appreciated, thanks.
ptobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:23 AM   #44

Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptobie View Post
My wife and I have decided on a 29 ME to purchase in the next several months. The floor plan is perfect with all the storage below. We live in No Cal and are shopping prices. If anyone can offer some help on our new purchase, it would be appreciated, thanks.
Congrats on the choice ptobie, good luck with the shopping! I can't give much advise on pricing as Canadian prices are significantly different then US Pricing. But I will advise to take advantage of negotiations to add any high value features that you can. The big one I regret not negotiating is the slide toppers. They are great for reducing moisture and debris on your slide outs and help with cooling of the unit as the sun does not directly shine on the poorly insulated slide outs. This is a bigger deal with our model then most of the others due to the fact that there is no mounted ladder. I don't have the toppers and as a result loose significant storage space in order to cart a portable one every where I go. I have to pull that ladder out at each campground in order to clear each of the three slides before pulling them in.

I did use my purchase to negotiate setting up my Toad and got good value on that. I have them include the Blue Ox tow bar, the plate and wiring installed in the Toad and the Brake buddy.

When you do your PDI. Ensure that they have done an alignment or agree to dates to have it done, Jayco will pay for it. I also found my Bigfoot Levellers were improperly installed, they were only 6 inches off the ground. Manufacturer specs advised they should be 7-8" off the ground.

Good Luck!

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:53 PM   #45

Has anyone put slideout toppers on their 2016 or 2017 29ME or 29MV?
I heard since the newer models have the wrap around roofs on them its more difficult or not possible to install slideout toppers. Is this true? I wonder why Jayco does not include them as standard equipment.
GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:22 PM   #46

Quick Mods

I did a couple of quick Mods to the ME today. My wife wanted somewhere to keep her various maps and attraction books. We found a basket which fit very nicely on the wall behind the dinette slide. Took me a couple of seconds to commit to putting screws threw the faux leather. But I am happy with the results. The second mod was more for my benefit... well maybe the kids while we are travelling. I wanted cup holders by the sofa. We bought two of the flip out marine cup holders to install. I struggled with location and in the end decided to simply mount them on the ends of the sofa arms.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Old 07-09-2016, 01:29 PM   #47

Photo 2

Won't let me post multiple photos, so...
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Old 07-09-2016, 01:31 PM   #48

Photo 3

Photo 3

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	25445

Old 07-09-2016, 10:42 PM   #49

29MV slide out toppers

The dealer installed slide out toppers on our 2016 29 MV. Doesn't seem to be a problem.
Old Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:51 AM   #50

I bet it is due to cost. I could have used them last time I was out as there were trees over the slideouts which is unusual for us do to where we go. I'm going to have to start bringing a ladder so I can start checking for debris before bringing the slides in.
Colorado Springs, CO
JDSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:03 PM   #51

Hello everyone, we finally made our purchase on our 2017 29me from Camping World of Fresno and love it. Our first trip was to a horse show in Nampa Idaho, I had plenty of spare time to fix the little things with no major problems. We are selling our home in CA and going to travel to AZ for a couple of months.
ptobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:14 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptobie View Post
hello everyone, we finally made our purchase on our 2017 29me from camping world of fresno and love it. Our first trip was to a horse show in nampa idaho, i had plenty of spare time to fix the little things with no major problems. We are selling our home in ca and going to travel to az for a couple of months.
enjoy!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:59 AM   #53

29 ME house battery wiring

My dealer has more than one store and the service departments don't agree on the wiring of the house battery. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for it or a photo showing the correct installation? Thanks!

Jim
Jim&Laura is offline   Reply With Quote