Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-08-2015, 10:31 PM   #1

29mv 2016

We pulled the plug on the Jayco Greyhawk 29MV. Super excited! We are trading in a Redhawk 26xs (corner bed was an issue) and previous to that owned a Jayco Eagle 29fk.

What does the MV stand for? Anyone know? Still excited and we get it Wednesday!
mikelyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:59 PM   #2

We've really enjoyed out 2015 MV! This is our 3rd MH and 2nd Jayco. Best ride and handling of the lot. We had to compromise on the floor plan as we like opposing dinette/couch, but the galley in it is much larger.

As for the MV, not even sure it's an acronym, just a floorplan. Maybe somebody knows more than I do in that regard.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:17 PM   #3

Don,
Glad to hear that. We are excited. Do you find winterizing difficult with the location of the country fill ... those knobby things that you turn for the different water functions, hard to get to? We are in Spokane Wa so winterizing and the location of those knobs was something we were a little worried about!

Thanks!
mikelyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:10 AM   #4

The water setting valves can be a minor pain. It's much easier to set them before deploying the slides. My last rig had no valves to move when going from shore to internal and that's one thing I'm having a hard time getting used to on this rig. I'm finally getting to the point where I remember it most of the time. I also added baggage door clips to my rig to hold the doors (7) open rather than setting them on my head.

I winterize with air and find it very easy, I just did it yesterday. Set the valves on City Fixtures. Drain the fresh water tank, open the two low point valves and let everything drain. The hot water tank will be emptied by doing this. Empty the bathroom undersink water filter by unscrewing the filter housing. You can leave the filter out if desired. Hook your air up to the outside water inlet (you'll need to build an adapter) and set your pressure to 30 to 40 pounds. Cycle around to the faucets and low point drains (include the outside shower and toilet) and open each one for a few seconds to include hot and cold water. Put a cup of rv antifreeze in each P-trap and toilet and you're almost done. Remove the forward panel under the bed to access the water pump. Remove the water pump inlet filter and dump the water. Don't forget to drain your holding tanks.

Another little tidbit nice to know is that your inverter, rear slide control, automatic transfer switch, and converter is located under the bed. I attached a bracket to the underside of the bed and use a closet rod to hold the bed up while working in this area.

I'm sure you'll have other questions especially after you've had the rig for a bit. Feel free to PM me with other questions.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:31 AM   #5

I got my 2016 29MV on July 10th. This was before the RV Class C manufacturers realized that the new 6 speed transmission on the Ford E450s was slightly longer than last year's. As a result, the tranny has a vibration at 60mph. I was told by Jayco (told by Ford) it was safe to drive until I could get it fixed. It is on it's way to Indiana now to get some body work done (I was hit in the side by an 85 year-old driver who "didn't see the motorhome". So I chose to have a Jayco recommended body shop do the repair and Jayco will take care of the warranty work. The insurance company is paying for a transporter to go to Indiana and for me to Fly there, motels, meals, etc when it'd fixed.
I took the 29MV on a trip to Ashville, NC and an other trip to Central PA before the accident. I took two local trips after the accident. My DW and I love it! The kitchen is large, the living space and large windows really open up the inside. the mattress, while not the dreaded Denver mattress could be better and I will address that in the spring. The 6 speed tranny works well (aside from the vibration) and it has plenty of get-up and go. We do not tow. I've been on Interstates around NYC and south and the Greyhawk holds the road very nicely. I am very comfortable driving it in traffic, with wind and next to large trucks. You will enjoy camping with it. I am having two house batteries installed because we dry camp several times a year. I don't think the 1000W inverter is very useful with only one house battery.
Aside from the tranny issue which affected every Class c manufacturer using the 2016 Ford E450's, I have had virtually no problems. Good luck and Happy Travels!

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:43 AM   #6

I forgot to mention, I winterized the 29MV in about 15 minutes using antifreeze. If you use this method (to each their own!) follow the manual guidelines. You do not have bypass valves for the tankless water heater. Be sure to take the cone-shaped washer out of the water supply inlet and reverse it so the point goes into the check valve and causes it to open. Set the two valves under the bedroom slide to winterize hook up the short hose provided by Jayco and put the end into the antifreeze container. Then turn on the water pump. The manual suggests turning on the hot water faucets on one at a time first before you do the same thing with the cold water faucets and toilet. I used just over a gallon of antifreeze. The rest of the antifreeze went into each P-trap and into the toilet. As mentioned above, don't forget the outside shower faucets. Make sure the pink stuff comes out of each low point drain also. Good Luck.

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote