Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-21-2020, 10:46 AM   #1

29MV Hydraulic pump bracket recall

My 2018 Jayco 29MV is the subject of a recall due to leveling hydraulic pump and reservoir bracket breaking off. I called Jayco for the reinforcing bracket they have for a fix starting Monday the 23rd of November. They will not send it to me. I am a pro-mechanic and could easily attach new bracket. They expect you to drive to dealership which in my case is either a two hundred mile trip, or another one which is 130 mile round trip. No wonder people on this site are making their own brackets. Any suggestions how to get their bracket?
Frequent flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 11:00 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer View Post
I called Jayco for the reinforcing bracket they have for a fix starting Monday the 23rd of November. They will not send it to me. I am a pro-mechanic and could easily attach new bracket.
They can't due to liabilty. Just like a car dealer will not let you do the repair either. Has to be signed off by the dealer.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 12:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
They can't due to liabilty. Just like a car dealer will not let you do the repair either. Has to be signed off by the dealer.
Agree with your assessment. Lawyer world these days. Just will make me postpone repair till I get unit out of winter storage or happen to be near a dealer. Will keep an eye on it.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:39 AM   #4

Quote:
My 2018 Jayco 29MV is the subject of a recall due to leveling hydraulic pump and reservoir bracket breaking off. I called Jayco for the reinforcing bracket they have for a fix starting Monday the 23rd of November. They will not send it to me. I am a pro-mechanic and could easily attach new bracket. They expect you to drive to dealership which in my case is either a two hundred mile trip, or another one which is 130 mile round trip. No wonder people on this site are making their own brackets. Any suggestions how to get their bracket?

Go to your local welding shop and get it done. It will be much cheaper and easier for you to do it this way, when you take into account fuel cost and your own personal time. It is an easy fix for any welder to do, and then you are done and have safety and peace of mind. Just saying !!
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:19 AM   #5

Yes that will work. As you said prob a better fix than theirs will be
Old 11-22-2020, 11:38 AM   #6

Lots of info at this link, even the instructions for the new bracket which is s complete bolt on unit.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...mes-80283.html

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 01:47 PM   #7

Quote:
They expect you to drive to dealership which in my case is either a two hundred mile trip, or another one which is 130 mile round trip. No wonder people on this site are making their own brackets. Any suggestions how to get their bracket?
Can you install a temporary strap yourself and swing by a dealer on your next trip?
blackbear is offline   Reply With Quote