Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2021, 07:13 PM   #1

29V storage

I was looking to trade my Odyssey 24B for a 29V. I see plenty of floorplans out there but can't seem to find a real one to put my hands on.

Maybe a late model 29v owner could tell me if there is storage under the bed,
and also how they like the floorplan.
Just curious.

Jim
jim7489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 07:48 PM   #2
RPR

Our Greyhawk 31DS has same bathroom layout as the Odyssey 31F. Big selling point with my wife. One person can be in the bathroom showering etc. and still leaves access to the bedroom by another. And door with access from bathroom directly into bedroom. Works great for us.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 09:39 PM   #3

I have a 2018 29MV and there is no real storage under the bed. Since the bed slides as part of the slide out, the space underneath it changes and makes access tricky. Plus, a chunk of space under the bed is occupied by inverter, converter, gobs of wiring and the water pump.

There is an exterior storage hatch on the driver side whose space winds up being (mostly) underneath the bed, but it is not easily accessible from the inside.

watchout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 12:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchout View Post
There is an exterior storage hatch on the driver side whose space winds up being (mostly) underneath the bed, but it is not easily accessible from the inside.
As Watchout says, there is no real storage space underneath the bed. When you lift the bed, you can see down into the driver's side rear exterior storage compartment. I've heard of some who built an upper shelf in that compartment to put things on that could be accessible from inside (under the bed), but I haven't found the need to do that. We've found plenty of inside storage, although there are only two of us.
Old 04-11-2021, 02:54 PM   #5

Under bed storage in 29V

Thanks for the replies.
We should get our 29v about the end of July. I am sure there will be enough storage for the 2 of us. We ordered the Entegra Esteem 29V.
We love the 24B, but space becomes an issue even if you only stay in it for a few days. (for us). We down sized from Class A's but now we know a 32ft one will be just right.
We will put our Entegra Odyssey 24B on the market the end of April. We have only had it 15 months.
jim7489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 06:40 AM   #6

We also down sized from a 45’ DP. Love the 29mv. Plenty of space for the two of us. We love the flat floor from front to rear and the second AC. The standard frig with pantry works well for us. Safe travels

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote