Originally Posted by Mikemace
Anyone know if it is possible to add a 2nd air conditioner in a 2017 Greyhawk 29ME? Mine can't keep up with the heat over 90 degrees!
You're not alone. It's unbearable in our 2016 31FK.
Here's a recap of what I think our options are:
- one person here popped off the Fantastic Fan in the back and dropped on a 13.5K Soft Start AC unit
- they're pleased with the results
- but fishing the 120V AC line was a chore and performed by their RV tech
- someone else asked Jayco about it and Jayco said "No! That section of the roof is not reinforced like it is on newer models"
- you'll still have to be careful not to overload the circuits on gen or shore power. (Ie. don't have both AC units running and start the microwave)
Here's what I'm trying first. I'm running a test of it as we speak.
I popped onto Craislist and picked up a lightly used Portable AC unit. Paid about $100
Now the hard part is venting.
A few months ago, I cobbled up some ductwork to vent it out the bathroom fan vent. Was ugly, in the way - not good.
Tonight, I cobbled up a shorter piece of duct and am venting it out a window.
We'll see - I'll give it a test run tomorrow and see if the two AC units make a difference.