Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #1

Question 31FS Slide Adjustment

I have noticed that a portion of the bunkhouse slideout is not touching the seal gasket when the slid is in the out position. Only about 3' of it is not touching and it appears one end is just a tad lower than the other.

The slide operates fine, and does not bind, stop, hang or appear to have any other operational issue (to my novice eyes).

This adjustment is one that scares me to take to a service department I have not tried and that has some negative reviews by local users. They are also new to the Jayco line as a dealer servicer.

On the bottom of the slide, that gasket appears to have enough laid down, so that if adjustted, the bottom would not loose seal.

Only the long bunkhouse slide has an issue, the kitchen slide seals fine when extended.

Any recomendation for service in Houston that could do this under warranty? Or close to houston, other than Camping World?

How difficult of an adjustment is this?
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #2

I'm not sure who might be in your area but we use a mobile service that comes out to the Rv location and does most every type of maintenance. He has greased and adjusted the slide out and side door. must be simple to bill was very low. I wish he would wash and wax....that's my job.
DtMaurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #3

I called around to a few Jayco Service Centers and found one in Dallas named Vogt.
The service adviser there named Brant was very helpful. After discussing my issue, this may not be a huge problem for me. The seal I am referring to is the "wipe" seal. Although it is desirable for it to be in full contact with the slide top, I may not have an issue with the level and adjustment of the actual slide. The wipe seal may be installed off kelter.

Anyways, I had to call around to get hold of a person that could intelligently discuss the issue. My dealer service advisor said "just bring it in and let us look at it".

The Vogt person suggested I runn the slide all the way out and then bring it in about 6". He said the wipe seal should then contact the top of the slide. The only purpose of the wipe seal is to wip any water from the top of the slide, keeping huge amounts of water off the top.

I had not done this, but will get up there and watch it this time.

Anyone have experience with Vogt in Dallas? This advisor seemed very knowledgable.
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote