Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-15-2017, 10:19 AM   #1

37FS No power in Bathroom / Kitch / Exterior outlets

Hello,

I am having an issue with the above outlets. I've checked for power behind the only gfci outlet I can find, which is in the bathroom at the vanity and have none. Is there another Gfci somewhere I'm not aware of???

I DO have power on TVs, Microwave, Bedroom and outlet near the mirror on the bulkhead between the living room and shower.

Condition is the same on Gen / Shore

Thanks
Old 03-15-2017, 11:10 AM   #2

You probably have another GFCI located someplace in your coach or storage compartment. Also make sure that you did reset the GFCI. Sometimes they don't want to reset.....
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:32 AM   #3

I have removed the gfci in the bathroom and do not have power at the leads. Any other gfcis in the 37fs besides the bathroom??
Old 03-15-2017, 11:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis02 View Post
I have removed the gfci in the bathroom and do not have power at the leads. Any other gfcis in the 37fs besides the bathroom??
I have a gfi on the dinnet bench
Joe1mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:02 PM   #5

Tripped breaker that doesn't show it as being tripped? That GFCI could be fed directly from the breakers. You might try resetting the breakers.

It could also be a failed breaker or the wire has come loose at the breaker. This GFCI won't be fed by another GFCI so if there's no power at the input to the GFCI, you've got either a failed breaker or an open wire somewhere.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:31 PM   #6

You most likely just tripped a breaker getting out of bed. Look at the 3 breakers on the side of the bed. Done that a time or two.

*When I say tripped, I mean, you kicked it with your foot.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:31 PM   #7

As it turns out, I have about 8 more breakers than I originally thought. In the power center, directly right of the 3 main breakers, there are a whole slew of breakers... It was tripped. -I'm an idiot. I never knew that the power center had a door that opened... I've probably looked at it a dozen times....
Old 03-15-2017, 04:38 PM   #8

YAY-Nothing beats success!
Old 03-15-2017, 05:08 PM   #9

Those are the very best fixes!! When it's simply and cheap.......lol
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:48 PM   #10

Been there, done that. Just didn't put it in print before figuring it out. You learned a big one and you came to friends while you worked through it. Its all good, nothing burned or is sitting broken on the side of the road.

Have you had a transfer switch go bad, yet? That was a big one. Had to learn where it was and then figure out what it did.

Do this stuff long enough and you learn stuff you don't even know the questions to ask, yet.

Glad it all worked out and you'll not get caught on that one, again. Well sometimes I forget to remember, your results may vary.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:46 PM   #11

In all honesty, I thought I had remembered someone saying something about another GFCI outlet on that string but couldn't turn up the conversation. With vBulletin's search being what it is, I was confident someone would chime in with where it was before I was able to locate the thread.

*note* I put approximately 2 miles on my creeper crawling around the generator bay looking for it.

I'm thankful I finally solved a bunch of questions about how the power is routed in our coach as I was seriously worried about it only have 3 breakers...

Rgolding, the next time you're running up I-57, give me a shout. Depending on how you define S. Illinois, we're probably neighbors!
Old 03-18-2017, 11:48 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolding View Post
Been there, done that. Just didn't put it in print before figuring it out. You learned a big one and you came to friends while you worked through it. Its all good, nothing burned or is sitting broken on the side of the road.

Have you had a transfer switch go bad, yet? That was a big one. Had to learn where it was and then figure out what it did.

Do this stuff long enough and you learn stuff you don't even know the questions to ask, yet.

Glad it all worked out and you'll not get caught on that one, again. Well sometimes I forget to remember, your results may vary.
Our transfer switch went out... and CW replaced it. They told us there was a recall on it, and it would blow out both AC units. They replaced both AC's and our Transfer switch under the Jayco Warranty.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote