Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-13-2019, 09:36 AM   #1

A new Greyhawk 'throne'

Finally decided to take advantage of the last weekend for Camping World, install-anything-for-$59 deal. Found a ceramic, higher Thetford toilet on their website for a sale price of $219 and made an appt.

When I got there, they tried to charge me a higher price, their 'club' price (Good Sam) even though I had asked the guy on the phone when making the appointment to please make sure they matched their own online price. He of course agreed.

Had to argue a bit with the service guy who tried to say, 'we don't usually match the online price when using the discounted install price'. Pointed out not only is that printed no where on their web site or catalogs touting the special rate and that they service guy making the appt agreed to the web site price.

In any case, he changed it and off I went to look at Class A units while they swapped out the lower, plastic bowl for the nice new ceramic one.

About an hour later they came to get me and said it was ready. When I was checking out, can you imagine, the price was back to the higher one! A few more minutes of 'discussion' and a Service Manger later, we got it sorted.

Now I have to say, despite the hassle, we are very happy with our new throne! Easier to clean, better flushing, a little higher off the floor. Oh yeah!

Test 'driving' it this coming weekend when out at Lake Bob Sandlin state park.
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote