Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-24-2019, 10:23 PM   #1

About those Seneca -Schwintek slides

Looks like the Seneca 2012-2015 or later use the Schwintek slide hardware on the FS model, bunkhouse/bedroom slide, a large looking slide. Have read the Schwintek hardware works fine on lighter slides but caused problems when mis-applied to large slides. QUESTION: Seneca FS model owners, how's this slide held up for you? Thanks, shopping these models.
dmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:16 AM   #2

I have a 2016 FS I bought used late last year. The slide was acting up before purchase and they replaced one of the slide motors. Works as designed you have to hold button on way out and in extra few secs to sync and I always follow the lubrication method that is recommended. My last RV had same set up on a Sprinter chassis. My biggest problem on Sprinter slide was the rollers underneath falling off which was not slide Mfg but install at factory issue...
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:54 AM   #3

The motors that drive the slide are available in 300:1 and 500:1 gearing. Early problems, and a dealer replacement to the 500:1 gearing, made our slide trouble-free for 4 years.
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:45 AM   #4

Have a 2017 FS and in the beginning the DW was opening it halfwalf just to get stuff out drawers which caused it to bind. Running it all the way in and out a few times fixed it. Now she knows its all the way or nothing to open or close and to hold the button down for about a second extra and we have had zero issues.
FYIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:41 AM   #5

This past weekend I tried to open one of the two bedroom slides and didn't realize the washer/dryer stack doors were not fully closed. One of the doors was open enough to catch the slide's face molding as it was moving past and stopped it. Of course the opposite Schwintek motor kept going but stopped shortly thereafter when the slide became tilted enough to bind. Luckily I was able to retract the slide fully. I had seen several videos on re-timing the Schwintek controller to synchronize the extend/retract range. I tried that operation a few times but was unsuccessful. So my question is: how does one re-time when you cannot extend the slide more than 6 inches or so?
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossingover View Post
This past weekend I tried to open one of the two bedroom slides and didn't realize the washer/dryer stack doors were not fully closed. One of the doors was open enough to catch the slide's face molding as it was moving past and stopped it. Of course the opposite Schwintek motor kept going but stopped shortly thereafter when the slide became tilted enough to bind. Luckily I was able to retract the slide fully. I had seen several videos on re-timing the Schwintek controller to synchronize the extend/retract range. I tried that operation a few times but was unsuccessful. So my question is: how does one re-time when you cannot extend the slide more than 6 inches or so?

The re-time procedure can be done with it either barely out or barely in, there are videos showing both methods which are basically the same. We were having problems with ours for quite a while getting out of time and it finally took a total system reset.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 06:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
The re-time procedure can be done with it either barely out or barely in, there are videos showing both methods which are basically the same. We were having problems with ours for quite a while getting out of time and it finally took a total system reset.
I assume also that the re-time works also if the slide is uneven (one side out further than the other). Mine is uneven but both sides retract flush. So I'll retry the procedure with hopes to get both sides to move in synch. How is the total system reset performed? I assume it involves punching buttons on the controller box.
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossingover View Post
I assume also that the re-time works also if the slide is uneven (one side out further than the other). Mine is uneven but both sides retract flush. So I'll retry the procedure with hopes to get both sides to move in synch. How is the total system reset performed? I assume it involves punching buttons on the controller box.

This is the procedure that I use to reset mine and havent had a problem since. Read the whole thing but #4 is for resetting after the slide has been in use. Just remember to never stop the slide until it is fully open or fully closed and hold the button for 3-5 seconds after the slide stops or you run the chance of getting out of time.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture1.PNG   Capture.PNG  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote