Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-26-2019, 02:19 PM   #1

Accolade / Seneca questions

I have a couple Accolade / Seneca questions.

First, I have no power to the right turn / brake light through the 7 pin connector at the rear of the coach. Is there a fuse that controls this and if so where is the fuse block that contains the fuse? Is there a fuse block other than the 3 under the hood? The left turn/brake and tail lights work fine.

Second, the courtesy lights that are on the driver and passenger doors - how are these courtesy lights controlled (turned on or off). I cannot find a switch anywhere for them.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I have a couple Accolade / Seneca questions.

First, I have no power to the right turn / brake light through the 7 pin connector at the rear of the coach. Is there a fuse that controls this and if so where is the fuse block that contains the fuse? Is there a fuse block other than the 3 under the hood? The left turn/brake and tail lights work fine.

Second, the courtesy lights that are on the driver and passenger doors - how are these courtesy lights controlled (turned on or off). I cannot find a switch anywhere for them.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
I know your unit is built on a S2RV chassis, not sure of all the differences between it and my M2. But my tailights and the trailer connector are fed from another module under my driver seat. Additional fuses and relays there.
In regards to the cab lights I don't have any on my doors. My over door lights have a switch on the lights themselves that selects off/on with door switch/on constant. No dash switch like many automobiles or light trucks.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:46 PM   #3

I looked under the driver's seat and didn't see a fuse box. I'll look again. I have the overhead lights you mention as well but I also have one on each door. I'll have to add this to the list of questions for Jayco Factory Service if I don't find the switch sooner.

Here is a picture of the door and light in question.

Click image for larger version

Name:	door light.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	54330
Old 10-26-2019, 03:08 PM   #4

In my 2019 SVR2 the fuse box is in the battery bay in the upper left corner that controls the brake lights, turn signals etc. There still are 3 fuse boxes under the hood for other functions.
Attached Thumbnails
SVR2 Fuse box cover label.jpg  
Rino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:35 PM   #5

There was a thread going when I first got my 2018.5 and nobody has ever found any other chassis fuse panels except under the hood. There are a few others here and there and are undocumented. You might check the wiring under the back by the hitch, mine was pretty sloppily zip tied up and was a mess. There are several plugs that may be loose back there that lead to the hitch plug.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 04:24 PM   #6

More pics of the fuse box 4 location 2019 Seneca. You can see the box in the upper left of the battery compartment
Attached Thumbnails
2019 Seneca fuse box 4.jpg   2019 Seneca fuse box 4 2.jpg  
Old 10-26-2019, 04:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rino View Post
More pics of the fuse box 4 location 2019 Seneca. You can see the box in the upper left of the battery compartment
That’s the one nobody with a 2018.5 can find, there isn’t one there on mine. None of mine under the hood have the fuses that you are showing in that location. Now I’m going to have to do some more diggin and tracing

Looks like you are missing your battery tray locking latches, I had one of mine break off but Jayco sent me a new one.

Old 10-26-2019, 04:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rino View Post
Rino

Thank you! The fuse box is there in the battery bay. On mine it is hidden and not visible when the door is open and to make matters worse the label indicating which fuse is which has be painted over with black paint.

It is dark now so I'll go out and check the fuses in the morning. I might have to remove the fuse box from its mount so I can look inside.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:34 PM   #9

Yes Rusty those tray locks are what I am fixing now. One was broken at walkthrough and by the time I got a replacement the other was broke too. I had to just temp rig the tray in place because the factory slide bolts just sit behind a bar. They stop the battery tray from sliding out but mine was sliding in and banging against the frame mounted air dump brackets pinching a ground cable. I just got some stainless slide bolts and I am going to drill some holes the slide bolts can sit in preventing the tray from sliding in or out. EA37TS glad to help. The running lights on my trailer are not working and after one hell of a forensic search I found that 4th fuse panel. The frustrating part was no fuses blown. The relays and fuses were all out and loose a little so I pressed everything in good and am going to test the 7 pin tomorrow and hopefully the lights work.
Old 10-27-2019, 01:25 PM   #10

FWIW - You can see from the first picture my fuse box is not visible from the battery bay door.

Name:	Battery Bay.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	54379

Someone has to get on their knees and put their head inside the bay as far as possible to see the fuse box mounted high on the wall

Name:	Batt Bay Fuse box.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	54380

I removed the fuse box from the wall so I could check the fuses and I did find the RH trailer Turn 20A fuse was clearly blown.

Since I have the Roadmaster rep coming to the house on Tuesday to check my InvisiBrake I asked him to check the harness diodes as well. I find it strange that the system blew the fuses on my Challenger and it is starting to do the same on the Accolade. Something is wrong with my flat tow setup which was just installed a couple months ago.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:19 PM   #11

Fuse Box relocated

I relocated the fuse box by lowering it. What was previously the bottom mounting hole has become the top mounting hole and a new hole drilled for the bottom bolt. It is also at an angle to make access to the fuses and relays easier.

Name:	batt bay.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	54405

Now I need to find the switch to those door lights.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:55 PM   #12

Quote:
Now I need to find the switch to those door lights.

Do you mean the compartment light? If so the switches are on the lights themselves unless they have changes since 2018.5. I put all LED lighting in the storage bays with door contact switches to turn them all on when you open any compartment door.

Old 10-28-2019, 07:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Do you mean the compartment light? If so the switches are on the lights themselves unless they have changes since 2018.5. I put all LED lighting in the storage bays with door contact switches to turn them all on when you open any compartment door.
Rustnuts, no. I mean the lights that are next to the pocket on my cab doors. I posted a picture on, I believe, post 3 (picture is 90 degrees CCW). These lights may be something new for 2020 or maybe something on the Accolade that hasn't made it to the Seneca. Others have said they do not have them on their doors. I was thinking maybe they were just reflectors but I pulled a lens cover and there is a bulb inside.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:34 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Rustnuts, no. I mean the lights that are next to the pocket on my cab doors. I posted a picture on, I believe, post 3 (picture is 90 degrees CCW). These lights may be something new for 2020 or maybe something on the Accolade that hasn't made it to the Seneca. Others have said they do not have them on their doors. I was thinking maybe they were just reflectors but I pulled a lens cover and there is a bulb inside.
You've probable already tried this, but do they come on when you open the door, with engine running, or headlights on? Not apples to apples, but I have lights similar to those on the Tundra doors, and they come on with the dome lights, to illuminate the ground under the door. And something I'd try not knowing anything about them, can you just push in on the light, like that's the 'switch'? When you find out, you gotta let us all know!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 09:01 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
You've probable already tried this, but do they come on when you open the door, with engine running, or headlights on? Not apples to apples, but I have lights similar to those on the Tundra doors, and they come on with the dome lights, to illuminate the ground under the door. And something I'd try not knowing anything about them, can you just push in on the light, like that's the 'switch'? When you find out, you gotta let us all know!
Not sure I tried all of your suggestions but I tried a bunch of stuff. If/when I get it figured out I will be sure to post the info.
Old 10-29-2019, 09:49 AM   #16

Quote:
I looked under the driver's seat and didn't see a fuse box. I'll look again. I have the overhead lights you mention as well but I also have one on each door. I'll have to add this to the list of questions for Jayco Factory Service if I don't find the switch sooner.

Here is a picture of the door and light in question.

Attachment 54330
hi, we have a 2019 Seneca 37TS and those door panel lights come on when I open either front freighliner door. At the same time the 2 middle white lights (of 4) in the ceiling over the windshield come on also. I have looked for a controller and have not found one. The 4 lights over the windshield each will change on/off when pushed, but the light on the door panel is just on when the door is open (both come on with either door open) or off when the doors are closed.
TravelinCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:17 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinCake View Post
hi, we have a 2019 Seneca 37TS and those door panel lights come on when I open either front freighliner door. At the same time the 2 middle white lights (of 4) in the ceiling over the windshield come on also. I have looked for a controller and have not found one. The 4 lights over the windshield each will change on/off when pushed, but the light on the door panel is just on when the door is open (both come on with either door open) or off when the doors are closed.
Thanks. Mine do not come on when the doors are opened so either there is a switch which is off, a blown fuse, blown bulbs (both) or bad wiring. I guess some further digging is in order.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:34 PM   #18

TravlinCake, thanks a bunch for the info. With that knowledge in brain and multi meter in hand I found that the lights are supposed to come on when the door is opened unless one has blown bulbs in both lights.

When the RoadMaster tech gets finished getting my InvisiBrake installation straight it will be off to the auto parts store to find a couple of TS 211-2 bulbs.

Right now the RoadMaster rep has my Jeep up on ramps in my driveway straightening out the screwed up harness and InvisiBrake installation that was done in July, but that is another story.
Old 10-29-2019, 03:12 PM   #19

Here is a picture of the door lights working after replacing the bulbs with some LED bulbs.

Name:	door light working.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	54416

Thanks all.
Old 10-29-2019, 03:28 PM   #20

Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote