Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-10-2017, 08:12 AM   #41

In the 2018 units it is also located on the driver side visor. There is a freight liner tag that lists the various equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:21 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamon View Post
I believe you mean the transmission S/N.
The TCM S/N is separate from the transmission S/N and is located on the TCM 'computer box' that has a wiring bundle attached to it. I'm going to look under the driver's seat first then the engine bay. Someone also mentioned it is printed on a label affixed to the driver's sun visor and I'll check that also.
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:17 AM   #43

On mine the transmission number was on the driver's sun visor. I sent that to Matt and he sent me the TCM number.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:57 AM   #44

Sorry I thought you wanted the transmission serial number. I would assume the tcm is on the side of the transmission.

Old 10-11-2017, 08:48 AM   #45

All they need is your VIN. From their the dealer and Allison can get the serial number of the trans, TCU, etc from your unit.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:59 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
...The two hours are over kill during his time I spent 15-20 minutes with the tech going over the unit and then had them check alignment of the headlights. These were still 4 inches low even after I raised them 12 inches when I got the unit.
How did the tech check the headlight alignment? Did he have some kind of instrument or did he do it manually? Thanks.
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:04 PM   #47

They have a board with horizontal and vertical measurements on it. He then adjusts them to the correct level and left right alignment. You can do the same with a garage door. There is an aiming dot on head lamp for elevation.

Old 10-13-2017, 01:50 PM   #48

Modification is awesome. As everyone else says, it drives the way it should have originally. I have not put my trailer on it yet, but I can tell you that coming driving it home was a totally different experience. It now has plenty of power and hill climbing is NO problem. I was at 5000 ft and climbed to 7000 ft on about a 4 to 5 percent grade and was able to do it at 75 MPH no problem and even had to watch it because I caught myself creeping up close to 80 just because I was not used to it being able to climb so easily. I did notice the fan comes on a little more, but as soon as it does, the temp drops back down very quickly. I would recommend this to anyone.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:49 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dananu View Post
I hadn't paid much attention to shift rpms as I was happy with performance. Mine is a 2013 chassis. I never use the OD off switch as all seems well as is. I usually have cgvw around 32,000. Today coming from the oregon coast to Bend, sea level to over 4,000 ft I watched rpms. Full throttle would downshift at 1,700 and would hold until 2,500 before upshift. Maybe mine is set to performance already?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I am right with ya... except that I use the OD switch... and it really seems to change the shift pattern for 1-4 gear. We usually are rolling FLH (fat, long and heavy) just under 33k at higher elevation - and are happy with our performance - BUT want to know what this new shift pattern does!!!

the JOF is a wealth of info... from new to seasoned owners.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:00 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyRoRyan View Post
Modification is awesome. As everyone else says, it drives the way it should have originally. I have not put my trailer on it yet, but I can tell you that coming driving it home was a totally different experience. It now has plenty of power and hill climbing is NO problem. I was at 5000 ft and climbed to 7000 ft on about a 4 to 5 percent grade and was able to do it at 75 MPH no problem and even had to watch it because I caught myself creeping up close to 80 just because I was not used to it being able to climb so easily. I did notice the fan comes on a little more, but as soon as it does, the temp drops back down very quickly. I would recommend this to anyone.
I am hoping I can get the same results if I get the reprogramming done on my 2014 36FK?? Did you deal with Jason at Stewart Stevenson?
jcs1880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:37 AM   #51

Charlie is who I dealt with. Have him look up your VIN and get the specs on your rig. Charlie was very surprised that my rig did not have a feature called Dynamic Shift Sensing, which would effectively automatically change the shift schedule based on throttle input. Matt looked mine up and confirmed that I dont have it, so I assume no 2016's have it. But others who have older vehicles on this thread seem to state that they have seen 2500 RPM in all gears, which may indicate a more aggressive shift pattern on older models or that they do have Dynamic Shift Sensing enabled.

This Dynamic Shift Sensing is why I got a hard time the first time I called over there because he was sure that all of the M2's had it. Once I told him that Matt at Allison told me I didnt, he was very surprised.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:20 PM   #52

Thanks. I will contact Charlie and see how it goes.
jcs1880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:21 AM   #53

Thanks to this forum, going to get my TCM flashed with the performance shift program at a Stewart & Stevenson facility in Ft. Pierce FL. Should get it in there by the end of this month.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:20 PM   #54

New owner, living FT in my 2018 37HJ (M2 Chassis) since August. What a wealth of information here, just read through this entire thread, and now I know why I felt my rig "lagged" driving home from SoCal (where it was purchased). Now I just need to find an Allison shop in NorCal and have this simple change made ASAP. Thank You!
JimL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:44 PM   #55

Congratulations on your new Seneca and welcome to the forum.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 04:45 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimL View Post
New owner, living FT in my 2018 37HJ (M2 Chassis) since August. What a wealth of information here, just read through this entire thread, and now I know why I felt my rig "lagged" driving home from SoCal (where it was purchased). Now I just need to find an Allison shop in NorCal and have this simple change made ASAP. Thank You!

Congrats and welcome. I had mine done at a Freigliner dealer that had an Allison tech while I was on the road. It really made a big difference. Enjoy your Seneca.

Mark
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:43 AM   #57

Just had mine completed and like the others, I love the result! For any present or future 2016/2017 Seneca owners in the Panama City area, "Florida Detroit Diesel and Allison" on Chestnut Ave did the reprogram. Great service...had me in and out in 30 minutes.
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:47 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossingover View Post
Thanks to this forum, going to get my TCM flashed with the performance shift program at a Stewart & Stevenson facility in Ft. Pierce FL. Should get it in there by the end of this month.
Had our Allison escheduled today at FDDI in Ft. Pierce FL. Great folks and easy operation. As others have said, this is a great performance mod.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:15 PM   #59

Thanks for the info. I have the same issue with my HJ. I will be contacting our local shop to get this done also.
mbpharmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 01:03 AM   #60

Matt Lazier

Hello all
Can someone provide me with Matt Lazier's emails address? I too have a 2017 37TS and believe I have the same issue that is discuss here. I read these post last year and since my RV was at camping world for 4 months for warranty work I completely forgot about this until now.

Thanks
John
Boy
johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote