Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 06:34 AM   #21

Well, made by the Amish is also used for those electric fireplaces, even though the Amish shun technology...I don't put much into claims like that...Made by Mormons, Made By Methodists, Made by Catholics, Made by Buddhist Monks in a Tibetan Monastery...who cares as long as it works and the price is not crazy? I like my Jayco, and I will continue to enjoy the Amish glued together cabinets and the Ford UAW Local 2014 engine

Old 08-25-2016, 06:37 AM   #22

And "Old World Amish" is a complete misnomer anyway.

The Amish are an American (New World) group. Christians that felt the soul-destroying technology should NOT be part of everyday life.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
Old 08-25-2016, 07:42 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelha View Post
We just bought a new 2016 Jayco Precept 31UL. Our salesman stressed over and over again "made by the Amish." The Jayco website states "Old World Amish Craftsmanship." I can tell you there is absolutely no "Old World Amish Craftsmanship" in this Jayco RV. It is completely false advertising for Jayco to claim that these motorhomes are made by the Amish. Yes, Amish work at the factory but there is no Amish quality involved in the production line work done at Jayco. Jayco should not be allowed to claim "Old World Amish Craftsmanship" when there is absolutely none. Our Jayco RV is very poorly made. We used it one day and had to return it to the Manteca Trailer and RV Dealership for numerous warranty issues. It was at the dealership for 41 days. We took it on a 500 mile trip and again experienced numerous issues. It is back at the Manteca RV Dealership. At this rate, the two year warranty will be completely expired before they return this piece of junk to us. Unfortunately, with Jayco advertising "made by the Amish" this reflects very poorly on what the Amish really stand for. Jayco should not be allowed to made these false claims. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER BY A JAYCO. Completely false advertising that puts a black mark on "Made by the Amish."

Think Jayco's bad? Wait till you see the Keystones and Forest River products. They're worse.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
Old 08-25-2016, 07:46 AM   #24

And Coachman I have a friend who has nothing but trouble with that one from day one.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:01 AM   #25

wheelha,

When you took the factory tour, did you not see the Amish Ladies sewing the curtains and seat cushion covers from bolts of fabric? Did you notice the Amish Men hand fitting the wood trim pieces, the cabinet doors, the wood panels?

Did you notice the Amish workers on the buggies and bicycles?

If that was all a scam, and they were really Chinese, they sure pulled the wool over our eyes... we've taken the Motorhome and Trailer factory tour 3 times, just because it's so interesting.

Sure, because of the speed of the builds, there are and will continue to be QC issues, and that's with every manufacturer.

Calm down.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 08-25-2016, 08:08 AM   #26

I asked in an earlier post in this thread, have you even seen real Amish furniture? Sturdy and generally made to last. However it's crude. They are not finish carpenters. Moreover RVs are not furniture. They bounce down the road and are made as cheaply as possible so the average person can afford them. If you want truly high quality look at Airstreams. Also be prepared to pay 4x what you paid for your Jayco.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:20 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
...snip... RVs are not furniture. They bounce down the road and are made as cheaply as possible so the average person can afford them. If you want truly high quality look at Airstreams. Also be prepared to pay 4x what you paid for your Jayco.
So it all boils down to lowest cost-to-customer for an adequate product. Welcome to Wal-McDonalds!

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
Old 08-25-2016, 09:23 AM   #28

I have to admit I was disappointed when I saw a factory tour video on Youtube.

If you want to watch it, just put this in google and it's the second video from the top of the list. I'm not sure if it's 100% legit, the guy that posted the video is a lance fan boy of epic proportions.

google search term:
jayco factory tour site:youtube.com
Old 08-25-2016, 10:33 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by che57vy View Post
And Coachman I have a friend who has nothing but trouble with that one from day one.
Do I know you??? LOL.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:34 PM   #30
Site Team

Some posts on this thread are approaching if not reaching " Jayco bashing" status. From the forum rules:

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors, products or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community. You may post about problems you have with Jayco product in an effort to learn from others with similar issues however the use of the forums to repeatedly attack or bash Jayco, Jayco products, or Jayco owners is strictly forbidden.
Closed Thread