Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2015, 09:11 AM   #11

Seeing your thread again reminded me of a couple things.

Some Sat dishes have dip switches on them, that have to be set for different providers (directTV, Dish, etc.). Make sure yours is set properly if equipped. You would have to do this on the roof at the dish itself. Also, make sure the output on the dish (mine has two) is hooked to the corresponding box. #1 on my dish connects to my front TV, while #2 connects to my bedroom TV. Just a couple more things to check if you are still having issues.

2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS
Shakedown St. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:35 AM   #12

My husband has been too busy at work to check but we did take the Seneca in yesterday to have the battery inverter checked since we just had battery over charge issues. While there we have ask the techs to check out the dish receiver which we know works at home and see if we have everything connected properly and get it working for us. We shally see in a few days.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:07 AM   #13

A little late to the conversation, but you also need to make sure you have satellite compatible coax like RG6. The lighter coax will not support the signal.
Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:02 AM   #14

Thanks for the reply but the problem has been solved. Looks like the original cable that was installed when the MH was build was there but not connected to the outside TV. Have ALL tv's working now inside and out. Thanks for everyone's input, it was a help to us.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:15 AM   #15

I found on my Melbourne that the Sat/Aux was not connected to the TV network. I connected an RG6 coax from the Sat/Aux on the rear side of the panel to an unused coax connector on the rear side of the TV panel where the power button is.
scary41835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:18 PM   #16

I use DirecTV and I know that Winegard defaults to DirecTV...in your case you may need to.

1. On Roof Set Dip Switches per Directions for Dish

2. In settings on your Dish Box, I'll assume like DirecTV you'll need to set the proper dish config. for your setup.

3. We ran HDMI from the Box to the TV in a friends and Coax RG3 from the Hookup on the Bulkhead to the Sat Box.

This procedure worked, matter fact we got it to work and the Direct TV tech could not.
trackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:51 AM   #17

Have everything working great now. Part of the problem was the outside TV wasn't hooked up properly. It would get cable TV when hooked up at the campground, but was not connected to the in motion satellite. Another problem was the Clarion radio which provides surround sound to the tv's and for DVD wasn't hooked up properly either. Would provide surround sound for the Radio but not the TV. Had a young guy at our RV Center fix things for us. We are now getting TV any way we want or need to watch it. Can hook up to the campground cable, but with the satellite now working doubt we ever will. Purchased a King Tailgator also so when under trees at campgrounds we can set it out and pick up our dish channels that way. Our Dish box VP211 is providing a very clear HD picture on all 3 tv's with the surround sound working perfectly and when watching a DVD everything is working great there too. Now to get these kidney stones my husband has to pass and finish rebuilding from a fire at our business and we will be ready to hit the road again. When it rains it pours!!! First problems with the MH, canceled one trip because of problems, then fire at our family business and now kidney stones that if they don't pass in the next week the doctor wants to go in and retrieve them. Looking forward to a calmer Fall and Winter. Thanks for everyone's suggestions and help with this and the inverter problem.