Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-08-2015, 09:35 AM   #1

Another Sattelite TV Question

When hooking up our dish receiver the coax cable hooks into the Aux/Sat port. Do we then unhook the cable going into the TV port. Our Dish 211 Receiver works fine at home. Attached it in the motorhome, remote is working but TV keeps saying NO SIGNAL even with receiver on as well as roof satellite antena. Why doesn't it get a signal? We are in a nice high spit clear of trees or any other obstructions.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:13 AM   #2

Did you try just running a cable from the dish to the receiver through a window or door?
rick danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:35 AM   #3

No haven't tried that yet. But might have to. Our's is encased so will have to take the cover off to try try that.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:51 PM   #4

Don't know if it's the same, but on my Greyhawk the Sat/Aux port didn't work either. When I pulled the plate off there was nothing even attached to the rear connection. I have a roof mounted dish, and just ran the cable straight to the box. Good luck!!

2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS
Shakedown St. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:10 PM   #5

Make sure the TV setting is correct for input. It should be on cable not antenna or HDMI if appropriate, what ever option for the source of the signal.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 04:53 AM   #6

I would run the coax direct from the dish to the receiver and direct from there to the TV and get it working. Then experiment with other connections such as the sat/aux input. Find what works for sure even if you bring the coax in through a door or window and then play around.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:20 PM   #7

Do any of you have a picture of what is hooked up to the back of your receivers? At home if I remember right there was a cable hooked to the TV out port. Just wondering.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:37 PM   #8

Hi Sandy -

If I'm picturing what you're describing correctly, you have the SAT antenna connection on the VIP211 (the blue one) connected to the SAT/AUX connection on the motorhome. My question is this - how is the VIP211 connected to the Television? Are you using the SD coax, hdmi, or component video? Are you able to see the Dish box go through it's startup process (i.e. locating satellites)?
2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:04 PM   #9

Had my hd antenna power button on. No signal from satellite .
arkhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:36 PM   #10

Thanks everyone for your replies, will try these options this weekend, have been busy with work and family. We have it hooked up with SD Coax cable, everything on the VIP211 box looks the same as when hooked up in the house. It works fine there. But get No Signal on the tv when hooked up in the Seneca. Have it outside in a wide open clear of trees spot and dish on top searching, but get nothing. So a connection is wrong or missing somewhere.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:11 AM   #11

Seeing your thread again reminded me of a couple things.

Some Sat dishes have dip switches on them, that have to be set for different providers (directTV, Dish, etc.). Make sure yours is set properly if equipped. You would have to do this on the roof at the dish itself. Also, make sure the output on the dish (mine has two) is hooked to the corresponding box. #1 on my dish connects to my front TV, while #2 connects to my bedroom TV. Just a couple more things to check if you are still having issues.

2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS
Shakedown St. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:35 AM   #12

My husband has been too busy at work to check but we did take the Seneca in yesterday to have the battery inverter checked since we just had battery over charge issues. While there we have ask the techs to check out the dish receiver which we know works at home and see if we have everything connected properly and get it working for us. We shally see in a few days.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:07 AM   #13

A little late to the conversation, but you also need to make sure you have satellite compatible coax like RG6. The lighter coax will not support the signal.
Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:02 AM   #14

Thanks for the reply but the problem has been solved. Looks like the original cable that was installed when the MH was build was there but not connected to the outside TV. Have ALL tv's working now inside and out. Thanks for everyone's input, it was a help to us.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:15 AM   #15

I found on my Melbourne that the Sat/Aux was not connected to the TV network. I connected an RG6 coax from the Sat/Aux on the rear side of the panel to an unused coax connector on the rear side of the TV panel where the power button is.
scary41835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:18 PM   #16

I use DirecTV and I know that Winegard defaults to DirecTV...in your case you may need to.

1. On Roof Set Dip Switches per Directions for Dish

2. In settings on your Dish Box, I'll assume like DirecTV you'll need to set the proper dish config. for your setup.

3. We ran HDMI from the Box to the TV in a friends and Coax RG3 from the Hookup on the Bulkhead to the Sat Box.

This procedure worked, matter fact we got it to work and the Direct TV tech could not.
trackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:51 AM   #17

Have everything working great now. Part of the problem was the outside TV wasn't hooked up properly. It would get cable TV when hooked up at the campground, but was not connected to the in motion satellite. Another problem was the Clarion radio which provides surround sound to the tv's and for DVD wasn't hooked up properly either. Would provide surround sound for the Radio but not the TV. Had a young guy at our RV Center fix things for us. We are now getting TV any way we want or need to watch it. Can hook up to the campground cable, but with the satellite now working doubt we ever will. Purchased a King Tailgator also so when under trees at campgrounds we can set it out and pick up our dish channels that way. Our Dish box VP211 is providing a very clear HD picture on all 3 tv's with the surround sound working perfectly and when watching a DVD everything is working great there too. Now to get these kidney stones my husband has to pass and finish rebuilding from a fire at our business and we will be ready to hit the road again. When it rains it pours!!! First problems with the MH, canceled one trip because of problems, then fire at our family business and now kidney stones that if they don't pass in the next week the doctor wants to go in and retrieve them. Looking forward to a calmer Fall and Winter. Thanks for everyone's suggestions and help with this and the inverter problem.