Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2019, 07:08 PM   #1

Talking Any Jayco or Odyssey 24B owners ?

I just bought a 2019 24B and would like to hear from any owners of them that own a 24B . Likes / dislikes / problems your having anything ? And would like to friend some and talk about there 24B. Thanks Dave
Thats a RRRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 07:41 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

I just recently bought a 24B. We're getting it set up for it's first outing. So far, I really like what Jayco did with this coach, and I'm learning all the systems and doing some tweaks. The first outing should be interesting.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:01 PM   #3

We also have the Jayco Redhawk 24B, recently purchased. Only have one night camping so far. Finding a few, mostly cosmetic issues, that will need to be fixed at some point. Just figuring out how everything works, last camper was 12 years old-some things have changed but thankfully some still the same.
IslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:31 PM   #4

Just pickup our entegra odyssey 24b. Like you we are trying to learn all we can about it. Will keep you posted on anything we find that needs sharing
Jlanzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 07:01 PM   #5

Hi I am in much of the same boat....have a 2019 Redhawk 24B and just drove from Michigan to Virginia. One thing, the slide is long and I wonder about heavy stuff on the slide cabinets?
dragonflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:06 AM   #6

dragonflys, I wondered the same about the long slide, as the motors do not seem as robust as our travel trailer did with the super slide, we tried to place lighter items in the cabinets. We'll see....
Old 05-22-2019, 09:36 AM   #7
Lost in the Woods

We all are worrying about that long slide. That's my biggest concern, and just listening to it run, makes me go hmmmm. I was told it's the same slide that was used in the 24 Melbourne, so hopefully the bugs were worked out.

My suggestion is to not overload the cabinets and make sure you're level before running the slide out, as not to put any additional force/weight on it.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:26 AM   #8

Thinking about the 24b Odyssey - any words of widsom?
tbdcrusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 05:28 PM   #9

Jayco Redhawk 24B

We have the Redhawk 24B; for the 2 of us, we think it is the perfect size for travel. If there were more family members it would be tight especially if being used for staying in one place for several days. So far we are liking ours a lot!
Old 06-03-2019, 06:20 PM   #10

Traveling mostly by self and dog but hope to have some company at times. The bunk area over the cab is nice enough for smaller person....nice high top.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:26 PM   #11
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbdcrusin View Post
Thinking about the 24b Odyssey - any words of widsom?
Would be easier to answer if you asked some specific questions or concerns.

Two of us and the dog, is perfect. My focus was a shorter Class C so I could drive it and park it where ever I wanted. So far, it's working out as planned.
Old 06-04-2019, 02:40 PM   #12

Needed something small enough for me to drive. Would love to see how you organized the cabinets over and under the sink. Did you use the closet behind the TV for kitchen stuff as well? I am making my first real trip next week.
Old 06-04-2019, 04:22 PM   #13
Lost in the Woods

We're still trying to sort out where stuff goes, there's so much storage space, wifey is having a tough time filling it all.

We put the garbage can under the left side of the sink, and cleaning supplies on the right. Up top is the dog accessories and food and some food items. My personal goodies are in the top pull out drawer behind the TV, she has some extra kitchen crap in the other two pull out drawers.

One thing Jayco screwed up, you can't get into the clothes hanging area of the rear wardrobe cab unless the slide is out. That's a major engineering error, as you shouldn't have to run the slide out to load your clothes before you leave.

We've only been out two weekends so far, so we put our clothes in the left side of that cabinet behind the TV on one shelf, and storage cubes with kitchen stuff goes on the other shelves.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:57 PM   #14

We did the same thing under the sink, above the sink is the usual--coffee mugs, large beverage cups, a few plates, small bullet blender, etc. For the cabinets behind the tv without the pull out shelves (behind the mirror door) I bought some of those cloth cubes you see in shelving units. You unfold them to make a box w/o a top--they fit perfectly! Pans, bowls, etc. Just slide the "cube" out and you can get to the next one if needed. Yes, you can fit a lot in there but I try to keep lighter stuff in there because of the slide-out.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:56 PM   #15

what are the differences between Odyssey 24b and Redhawk 24b?
tbdcrusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:09 PM   #16

Odyssey 24b / front window / outside T.V. / stainless appliances / some other minor inside stuff / Porcelain toilet / Also Ask retiredone too. He has a 24b redhawk ?
Thats a RRRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:08 PM   #17
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbdcrusin View Post
what are the differences between Odyssey 24b and Redhawk 24b?
I have the Redhawk. The Odyssey has some upgrades and add on's the Redhawk doesn't have like:

Outside TV
Sunroof in cabover and some added trim
S.S. refridge
Upgraded front seat covers
a few other cosmetic trim upgrades

Otherwise, it's the same unit and floorplan, cabinets, mechanical systems, etc.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:11 PM   #18
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl View Post
For the cabinets behind the tv without the pull out shelves (behind the mirror door) I bought some of those cloth cubes you see in shelving units. You unfold them to make a box w/o a top--they fit perfectly! Pans, bowls, etc. Just slide the "cube" out and you can get to the next one if needed.
That's exactly what wifey got, those cloth folding boxes, they work perfect. They work excellent shuttling stuff from the house out to the coach.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats a RRRV View Post
Odyssey 24b / front window / outside T.V. / stainless appliances / some other minor inside stuff / Porcelain toilet / Also Ask retiredone too. He has a 24b redhawk ?
Also, a one-piece seamless fiberglass roof versus the TPO roof on the redhawk.
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:55 PM   #20
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeek View Post
Also, a one-piece seamless fiberglass roof versus the TPO roof on the redhawk.
Is the TPO roof the one piece rubberized roof on my unit?