Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #11

Tried it today on our 29D. No problems!

Tom Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:30 AM   #12

We would've really liked to use ours, but the bracket on the motorhome is placed just exactly in the right spot to interfere with the storage door catch; consequently, the grill will not mount, and I don't intend to move either the bracket or door catch and leave holes in the coach body. Instead, we purchased an independent grill. Fortunately, this was only one of a few design errors in the 29D.

Flytyer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:11 AM   #13

The grill stand folds to set on a seperate table off the coach. I'm just going to get a longer hose and still use the grill. Agree about the door. Bad design!

Wonder if there's a way to make suggestions to Jayco on design improvements?
Old 06-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #14

Thank you all for your thoughtful replies and good ideas. We have a small separate grill as a back up if the attached grill on the Melbourne 29C doesn't work out.

We have learned a lot in the last couple of weeks just camping out in our driveway! The grill will have to be one of those checkboxes for the real trip next week... (oh and did I say sewer hook up maiden voyage? Watching You Tube training video for that!)

Your support is much appreciated. Thank you all!
Happy Clam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:41 AM   #15

Got mine out the box yesterday to have a test run and to stow. Seems to work ok. Stowing is an issue if you try and put in the compartment next to the hanger. Have not desided where to put it.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #16

I,m surprised that no one else has mentioned the placement of the mounting bracket. New 2013 31ds, one bracket stop hits storage door frame, leaving the other stop 1/2 inch from touching anything. Jayco could have taken another ten minutes and raised or lowered the mounting barcket.
cinandtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #17

Have 29D. We use the grill all the time. I've heard others say they are afraid of cooking the paint on the side of the RV. Have not had a heat issue (yet).
Grill does not fit in the compartment it is advetised to fit in, at least not on the 29D. I have it stored in the rear right side compartment.
We were at a camp ground this past weekend and saw a rig with the grill setting on a table. The people had a long hose hooked up. I asked where he got the hose. He had it make at a hose shop. Will do that when I can find a shop to do the work.
Would like to do that also.