Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-09-2021, 02:34 PM   #1

Auto level error

My 2020 Greyhawk has been trouble free but today when we ran it up to Forest the auto level gave an alarm and the error was "retract timed out. Take in for service". The leveling system has not been activated since early fall as it is parked on a level drive. It has been driven about once a month for exercise. . Tried battery disconnect and hoped it might reset but no luck. Just curious if this problem has arisen before. I'll take it in for warranty repair when the local shop reopens in a week or so. Nowhere to go anyway
Groveite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 03:04 PM   #2

Did you check the fluid level, are all the jacks all the way up? If they dropped a little while sitting it may think they have not completely retracted.
Old 01-09-2021, 03:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Did you check the fluid level, are all the jacks all the way up? If they dropped a little while sitting it may think they have not completely retracted.
I didn't check the fluid..not sure where the reservoir is but no sign of any leakage on the concrete driveway. A visual check looks like they are all retracted but will look more carefully tomorrow if weather permits.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:36 AM   #4

You might try resetting the leveling system. There are several YouTube videos on how to do this.

We have a 2020 Greyhawk as well with the Lippert leveling system and sometimes get an “Unable to finish leveling” error, even on level ground. Switching to manual mode works fine.
JohnnyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:24 AM   #5

As Grumpy said, sometimes the I am up sensors may be a little out of adjustment. When mine does this, I hit the emergency retract for a few seconds, and boom- fixed
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
As Grumpy said, sometimes the I am up sensors may be a little out of adjustment. When mine does this, I hit the emergency retract for a few seconds, and boom- fixed
I don’t have an emergency retract option on my Lippert system. I’m assuming it would be the manual mode as an emergency retract option on a 2020 Greyhawk.
JohnnyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:36 AM   #7

Clear Retract Error

My 2019 Greyhawk throws errors periodically and non-one knows why. I just reset it and it goes away for a while.

Try pushing: "Enter and retract at the same time", to clear the error. Although I would have thought that disconnecting the battery would have done the same?

I also would call/email/chat Lippert support I have found them helpful. Unless your dealer is better than mine they don't have a clue how this system's control electronics works, they just start replacing stuff...

don_kleinschnitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:36 AM   #8

Sure enough... You could crawl under, pry the sensor bottoms up to see if you can isolate the problem, and or eliminate them as the source?
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 11:10 AM   #9

Yup

I had the same error, did the reset as mentioned above, no issues since
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:40 PM   #10

Well... went back today as the weather was conducive to a bit of trial and error. Success I think. Step one was to check the jacks and they were all up and dry (no leakage) so moved to step 2 which was to press RETRACT and ENTER simultaneously and that removed/erased the error message and also gave me back functional buttons. While checking the jacks I noticed a ground wire under/beneath the steps had come loose so reconnected it to a more stable connection and tied up some sloppy wires with zip ties while at it. Step 3 was to test the system so with some trepidation I cycled the auto level and it worked perfectly as did the retract so... Problem solved for now but I'm still curious what the cause was. As suggested by Grumpy it may have been that a jack dropped a bit or the sensor acted up. Time will tell. I will likely still have the dealer check it out when they reopen just in case.
Thanks to all and would that all our problems could be solved so quickly and easily. Stay safe and healthy.
Groveite