Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-21-2022, 09:07 PM   #1

Auto Level Power Supply

I know I have read the answer on this forum somewhere, but I am tired of searching.

Can someone direct me to a fuse or power supply to the Auto Level system on my 2020 Jayco Greyhawk 27U. The control panel will no longer power up after setting the emergency brake and turning the key to the on position. I am not getting any alarms; the unit does not power up.

I was returning home today after 3 weeks in Texas; I used the system multiple times while traveling. During my last refueling on the way home my auto level control panel would not power up. I sometimes have to use the system to tip the unit towards the passenger side to get the fuel tank to accept gas. I ended up driving up on a couple of my jack pads to take on fuel. To end this trip with a real bang, I hit a skunk 15 miles from the house. All my sh!t stinks.
Old 01-22-2022, 06:55 AM   #2

Look behind the diver's side kick panel the fuse may be located there. We had several behind there with our 01 and 08.
Old 01-22-2022, 07:26 AM   #3

I will take a look there. I have not looked in there to see how stuff is labeled. I am assuming this will not be labeled in the Ford manual.

Thanks for the quick response.
Old 01-22-2022, 08:49 AM   #4

If your unit is like many others on the forum you probably have a ground issue. Our 29MVP had the same issue with the pump. Check the black ground cable at the pump to see if it is still attached. Make sure that it is actually grounding the pump. Then take a meter and see if you have 12 volts at the pump. If the ground is broken or not making a good connection you will have no power to the panel.
Old 01-22-2022, 01:54 PM   #5

There is also a 15 amp fuse located near the pump housing.
Old 01-22-2022, 03:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmurphy View Post
If your unit is like many others on the forum you probably have a ground issue. Our 29MVP had the same issue with the pump. Check the black ground cable at the pump to see if it is still attached. Make sure that it is actually grounding the pump. Then take a meter and see if you have 12 volts at the pump. If the ground is broken or not making a good connection you will have no power to the panel.
Thank you. I went straight to the pump and immediately saw ground wire hanging free.
Wire terminal at ground post has broken off at the pump!

Replaced terminal conductor and everything is working normal.

Thanks to all.
Old 08-16-2023, 08:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by salukee View Post
Thank you. I went straight to the pump and immediately saw ground wire hanging free.
Wire terminal at ground post has broken off at the pump!

Replaced terminal conductor and everything is working normal.

Thanks to all.
Salukee, I have the same exact situation. My ground wire is hanging on the frame but has broke off of the pump itself. It is not immediately obvious to me where the “ground post” is that I need to re-attach to. Can you describe to me or send a photo?
BigDaddy6290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 08:13 PM   #8

I hope you didn't hit a skunk too! LOL

I will get you a pic tomorrow with a specific side of the pump to check. It'll be after 1 pm cdst.
Old 08-17-2023, 12:57 PM   #9

Driver's side, toward rear end.
Attached Thumbnails
Level Motor Connection.jpg  
Old 08-18-2023, 08:30 AM   #10

Thanks so much!

Found it and fixed it. Ready to go
BigDaddy6290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 05:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by salukee View Post
I know I have read the answer on this forum somewhere, but I am tired of searching.

Can someone direct me to a fuse or power supply to the Auto Level system on my 2020 Jayco Greyhawk 27U. The control panel will no longer power up after setting the emergency brake and turning the key to the on position. I am not getting any alarms; the unit does not power up.

I was returning home today after 3 weeks in Texas; I used the system multiple times while traveling. During my last refueling on the way home my auto level control panel would not power up. I sometimes have to use the system to tip the unit towards the passenger side to get the fuel tank to accept gas. I ended up driving up on a couple of my jack pads to take on fuel. To end this trip with a real bang, I hit a skunk 15 miles from the house. All my sh!t stinks.
I once pulled in my drive way to find ground strap dragging on ground. the cable can break free from the crimped butt connector on motor.
Antper is offline   Reply With Quote