Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-22-2021, 10:30 AM   #1

Auto leveler wire

Have a wire that has broke twice now off of auto leveler hydraulic pump. It is on a 21 Greyhawk precept. I’m not sure where to reattach it. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
8C288CE1-8756-47A8-886C-6CE0F2A8F5CA.jpg   B9E9EDB4-0B69-4E7C-AB8D-F4895EA5D044.jpg  
UPS323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 04:22 PM   #2

The cable on my greyhawk also broke. I have a heavy duty battery cable laying around so that's what I used. That's why it's red. Looking from beneath the hydraulic motor, back to front, it's the circle one. Hopefully this helps.
JG30X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 05:46 PM   #3

There's no such thing as a Greyhawk Precept. You either have a Greyhawk (class C) or a Precept (class A).
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 06:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post
There's no such thing as a Greyhawk Precept. You either have a Greyhawk (class C) or a Precept (class A).
It’s a prestige. Auto correct sorry
Old 10-23-2021, 01:57 PM   #5

If someone doesn't come thru with an exact answer, I'd suggest calling/emailing Lippert tech support. I can't sing their praises enough. Sent 'em pictures of my problem and they carefully walked me thru the fix.
Old 10-24-2021, 08:46 AM   #6

It's the ground cable for the pump. The terminals that Jayco uses are very cheap and thin. This is a recurring problem with the leveling system. I replaced mine with a heavy duty ring terminal and crimped and soldered the terminal ring to the cable. If you do not have the correct tools, I would remove the cable and replace it with a black battery cable.

If you look closely at the pump you will see the remains of the broken ring terminal. Make sure that you have a good, clean ground connection or you will have future problems.
wmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 11:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmurphy View Post
It's the ground cable for the pump. The terminals that Jayco uses are very cheap and thin. This is a recurring problem with the leveling system. I replaced mine with a heavy duty ring terminal and crimped and soldered the terminal ring to the cable. If you do not have the correct tools, I would remove the cable and replace it with a black battery cable.

If you look closely at the pump you will see the remains of the broken ring terminal. Make sure that you have a good, clean ground connection or you will have future problems.
I put a heavy ring terminal on crimped it and heat shrunk it. I assumed it was a ground wire but when I try to attach it to where I believe it should go it arcs. Maybe I’m not trying the right spot?
Old 10-25-2021, 12:36 PM   #8

Sounds like you're touching the positive terminal. Check it wit a test light or meter. Look at the other large terminal, you should see the remains of the broken terminal.
wmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 01:05 PM   #9

What's the voltage reading between the cable and the chassis of the coach?
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 08:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS323 View Post
Have a wire that has broke twice now off of auto leveler hydraulic pump. It is on a 21 Greyhawk precept. I’m not sure where to reattach it. Any help would be appreciated.

Ours broke as well, it connects to the other terminal on the pump the one that you can not see in the picture.

Just go to auto parts dealer they have the cables pre-made for a replacement. it will take longer to drive tot eh parts store than the repair will take.

also depending on the year of your Greyhawk there was a recall on the pump mounting bracket which i see you don't have in place so you may want to check on that was well
Berjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 01:46 PM   #11

hi. I have a 26' Greyhawk and have been plagued by the auto leveler since new. My recent issue is the Lippert says to engage parking brake, when the brake is on. Any suggestions? Thanks! Dredkam
dredkam is offline   Reply With Quote