Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-19-2021, 11:20 AM   #21

Got it. My steps quit retracting out of the blue this am. Screen door magnetic switch looks ok (it was screwed in sometime ago)and fuses are ok. Have to check the controller, wiring before getting bonified service. Don't think lube will be the issue but I'll do that as well.
GaryNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 11:35 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryNK View Post
where is the controller? I'm having a new issue with mine
Mine is mounted under the steps. It’s a plastic almost triangular piece with lots of wires coming out of the back of it.
BethD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 11:38 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
When I swapped in a new motor on mine - I swapped in everything as it was before. And, yes, like you the steps operated backwards. This was three years ago.

I did what Grumpy suggested. With a needlenose pliers, you can wiggle the wires out of the connector. Swapped 'em and the steps started working again.

Until last month, when the steps are having *new* problems. I'm thinking it's a helluva lot less work on me if I just print a sign on the exit door that says: "JUMP!!!"
Thanks for letting me know you had the same issue and how you repaired it. I’m thinking of putting the same sign. Climbing IN seems good exercise for the glutes! 😂
Old 08-19-2021, 04:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
The controller is a rectangular box that is bolted underneath the house on mine. Drop the steps for access and follow the wires.
I meant to say triangular… sorry for any confusion.
Old 08-22-2021, 04:49 PM   #25

I finally got around to switching the wires. Steps work as they should now. Thanks everyone for your advice!!
Old 08-22-2021, 04:54 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethD View Post
I finally got around to switching the wires. Steps work as they should now. Thanks everyone for your advice!!
Old 08-22-2021, 05:33 PM   #27

Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 01:36 PM   #28

I have a 2012 Greyhawk bought used. Dealer put in New motor for steps, continued to have issues. Eventually removed the fuse under hood near battery once parked for long stay to keep steps out. Then I figured out that I had to go directly from drivers seat to coach door, open door, steps extend, then turn power switch for steps off. Crazy, me? Or what???! Also the fuse was supposed to be a 7 amp, there was a 15 amp installed. Go figure. I replaced the 15 amp. Doing ok now.
tljwYaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 07:20 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tljwYaki View Post
I have a 2012 Greyhawk bought used. Dealer put in New motor for steps, continued to have issues. Eventually removed the fuse under hood near battery once parked for long stay to keep steps out. Then I figured out that I had to go directly from drivers seat to coach door, open door, steps extend, then turn power switch for steps off. Crazy, me? Or what???! Also the fuse was supposed to be a 7 amp, there was a 15 amp installed. Go figure. I replaced the 15 amp. Doing ok now.
Wow! That is crazy. I’ll definitely keep this in mind if I have issues again! Thanks!