Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-09-2018, 05:15 AM   #1

Awning problem

My motorized awning on my 2018 Envoy 100 mod 26D is not opening correctly. LeMesa and Jayco both trying to figure out how to fix since nothing actually seems broken. One side starts to open & then stops while the other side does not come out. I have to go outside & pull both arms down by hand so it will continue to open. Anyone else having this problem?
Lcrawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:47 AM   #2

Sounds like the common, slide lubrication issue. Open the awning, clean the Aluminum rails. You will notice there are some guides that run in the alum rails. Spray everything down with Spray Silicone and wipe down good. I bet it will work. I have to do this with my awning once a year. WD40 is not a good lubricate.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:07 PM   #3

Thanks for the idea. The LeMesa people tried that but it didn't work. They think I have to live with the problem. I'm wondering what part of "motorized awning" don't they understand. Been in contact with Jayco and they agree with me. I should not have to aid the opening or closing of a motorized awning.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcrawford View Post
Thanks for the idea. The LeMesa people tried that but it didn't work. They think I have to live with the problem. I'm wondering what part of "motorized awning" don't they understand. Been in contact with Jayco and they agree with me. I should not have to aid the opening or closing of a motorized awning.
That's the new RV warranty response,if they can get you to believe that! That's there goal sad state of affairs for the Jayco 2 year warranty! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Cactus 011.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:53 PM   #5

I paid for the extended warranty for 5 years. I wil not give up. They will fix it or relate it.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:31 PM   #6

The motor does not open the awning, it just controls the rate at which it opens.

The gas struts open the awning. So I might recommend that they review/replace them.

Good luck

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:41 PM   #7

awning

Was having the same problem on my 2017 26xd. Arm towards the front would not come out until I pulled on it to sort of release it and then worked fine. Had RV at local shop to have slide out awning put on and had it looked at. While I was there guy took end screw out in awning track and pulled the awning towards the front. replaced screw and has worked fine ever since. Very few techs would probably see this problem but this guy works for himself and is a fanatic about things being right.
Lillys Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:24 AM   #8

Thank you for the suggestion. It's my back arm that seems to stick, only letting the front arm out a bit...enough for canvas to start unwinding. I will definately have them check for the proper location of the awning. They are actually thinking the arms need to be lowered about 2 " as the rolled up awning is actually sitting above the track, possibly putting too much pressure for the arms to work right. They just don't want to put new holes in the unit unless it's the only option.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:09 AM   #9
MD3

My awning was doing this on my new Seneca.
Tech realigned the front arm and lubed it. Works fine..... for now.
Sounded like mine just need some adjustment and was binding up.

-
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:57 PM   #10

I agree with the alignment issue. Mine is having trouble returning to stowed position, and for a while I was having to apply a bit of pressure while my wife ran the button. I think that during install if they don't get this things mounted really square, they can bind up which may effect either retraction or extension.
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:12 AM   #11

Thank you I will mention this to LeMesa and let them see if they can realign it so it opens by itself. They think the thing was mounted too high and it needs more tension/power than it has to pull down over the track. They think it should be mounts under the track. Thanks again, Lynne