Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2018, 01:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T WA State View Post
How many of you have awnings that extend STRAIGHT out, with no slope either down or to one side? Factory setting is STRAIGHT.

This can be a problem in rainy weather, because rain cannot drain off very well, and may puddle, causing the fabric to sag.

I was reading the awning owner manual and it discusses how to 'slope' the awning. Very simple, actually!

Extend your awning, then look at the wide bar the goes from the sidewall out close to the end. You will see a silver button in a hole on the bar side toward the front of the coach. The button can be moved to pre-drilled holes in the bar. Do that from a step ladder. Just push in the button and the bar will move.

I have my awning set to the 2nd hole in the front, and the 3rd hole at the rear. This slopes the awning slightly down and then to the rear. Rain will then run off toward the rear of the coach. Manual says to keep button difference setting no more than 3 holes between the front and rear bars.
Actually it is much easier, and safer, to make that adjustment with the awning closed, no ladder needed, and the grip on the bottom of the slider makes it easy to move. This applies to my Carefree electric.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Now you got me scratching my head until I can go out and look at mine. It's pouring rain and I am pretty sure mine is not the Eclipse model.
read the manual?
trento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:22 PM   #23

carefree awning, keep mine 2 hole in front and 4 hole in back. rolls up fine. sticker on back rail says not to set more than 3 holes different
Lillys Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:25 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by trento View Post
read the manual?
Mine has no adjustments but it does have a dump feature.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote