Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2016, 10:19 AM   #1

Back from 3 month trip with 2016 Seneca HJ

Put about 10,000 miles on trip from Denver to Temple Tx, Layfayette La., Pensacola FL, Angel Fire NM, Yellow Stone, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California then back to Denver. We did have a few problems with fit and finish that a few screws and wood glue took care of. Freightliner ran great, no problems with engine or frame/body. The only major problem was with the Equalizer Systems leveling system. Of course this had to happen on the coast of Oregon with no/poor phone service. One jack stuck coming up. Called manufacturer first because after earlier problem with fridge I knew that's where I'd wind up. Equalizer Systems was very helpful when I had good phone service. First thing they told me was to find the leveling box. That was the hardest part of the repair. FYI it's in the middle of the floor through the smallest side compartment on Seneca in front of the rear axles. Removing the box from the bottom of the floor then removing the cover I found the fuses he mentioned. One 7.5 was blown and replace with 10 amp as he said. Blew that one again after 2 uses plus the whole panel now went dead. Got to Sacramento and they said there is a fuse by the pump under the frame. Yes, it was blown. Replaced with a 25 amp from a 20 and it powered up. Being a retired Instrument Technician, got to thinking this may not be a board problem but a power problem. Front 2 jacks were the problem child's so it found the solenoids for each jack on the pump and ohm'ed the coils on the solenoids. 2 where 4 ohms and 2 were 2 ohms. New I'd zeroed in on the problem. Called manufacturer back and asked what the ohms were on a new coil. He had no idea. He already had two solenoids over nighted so when they arrived I ohm'd a new one and it was 4 ohms. Replaced the 2 coils that were 2 ohms and canceled the mobile rv repair truck. Returning the new solenoids and old coils now that we're home. Sorry for being so long winded but I've learned so much from this forum I thought I had to share. Oh yeah, averaged 8 to 9 pulling a Wrangler Jeep.

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Mountain Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote