Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-09-2018, 12:38 PM   #1

Backup camera displays blue screen

We have a problem with the backup camera. We turn it on and only get a blue screen. The troubleshooting said's to unplug power cable from the Multiplexer for one min then reconnect. Where is the Multiplexer located ??
ontheroadagain63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:50 PM   #2

If you give us the year and motorhome model we might be able to provide some suggestions. Editing your signature to include that information will save time in the future also!

I hope we can help!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:43 PM   #3

Back up camera blue screen

Forgot to add make and model of RV. 2016 Jayco Red hawk.We are having trouble with our backup camera we only get a blue screen when we turn on the camera.We unplugged the cable from the Multiplexer for a couple minutes still blue screen any suggestions Thanks
ontheroadagain63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:56 PM   #4

Since it's a 2016 rv you might have a Jensen entertainment center. Open up the dash and check for a loose connection. Do you side mirrors cameras? If so try those first. You should be able to toggle between each camera.
Dave55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:29 PM   #5

Does your Redhawk include sideview cameras operable with the turn signals? I know the Greyhawks do but I am uncertain whether the Redhawks had them. If yours does include the mirror cameras, do they function?

Does the camera display any picture when you shift into reverse? Or is that when you get "the blue screen"? You mentioned you did disconnect the multiplexer without success. Perhaps you need to determine whether it is receiving power, do you have a multimeter to test for voltage?

There likely is a fuse in the power supply feeding the camera system, perhaps it is blown. I have a Seneca and likely my camera system is different from yours. Mine uses a Voyager switching system and a 3-amp fuse feeds power to the switching module and cameras. The fuse is located very near the module behind the dash.

If you do have a Voyager system I have a connection diagram I could attach.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
backup camera, class c, rvs systems