Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-19-2021, 03:54 PM   #1

Backup camera on 24B

Hello,

All of a suden when I want to back up my Soundstream screen shows no signal.
Any ideas?
Jayco 24B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 03:43 PM   #2

I've got a 2020 Greyhawk Prestige 30XP. A few weeks ago on the way home hit bump on US 31 going thru Holland, MI and my camera went out. Next good bump it came back, same no signal message. Tow a car and don't like not being able to see it. Just finished another 500 mile trip and had same off and on of the camera about a dozen times when hitting a good bump. Got an appointment with dealer for Sept. 28. Yep, soonest they can look at it and with the intermittent nature I don't expect much. Leave next week for trip to Niagara Falls and then to the Smoky Mountains. Hope it works most of the time but won't be holding my breath. Good luck.
RetiredAndFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 04:57 PM   #3

I've got a 2021 Redhawk 31F and my camera went dead when I washed my RV. Only sprayed water from a hose on it. Happened just a day prior to our cross country trip.

At a Florida Walmart, I picked up a cheap $15 backup camera and additional wires and got rid of that piece of junk camera that came with the RV. I temporarily wired it from my 7 pin plug for power and fed the video feed through the emergency exit window, all along the side slide and into the dash, and input into the head unit.

There was only 6.5V at one of the wires on the original camera.
jyh818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 05:30 PM   #4
CAG

I think there are a few threads on the rear cameras and fuses. That sometimes is the problem and you can probably find the threads but most times the fuse is behind the dash around the steering wheel.

The other problem that some have had and may have been my issue is the wiring job behind the dash for the mirrors, radio, cameras etc is an explosion in a noodle factory and one of the main cables was run right next to the emergency brake. Every time you apply that brake you take a chance of cutting the wire, and mine did. I lost one mirror and the backup camera at a later date. It cost me $200 to fix Jayco's bad wiring. So, if I were you all I would start back there.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 05:46 PM   #5

Thanks for the response CAG. I know mine is not a fuse as it comes and goes like a short. I've tried tapping on the radio and area around it to try to duplicate the outage. I will try wiggling wires near the emergency brake and see what happens. Just hope something else doesn't quit working.
RetiredAndFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 05:56 PM   #6
CAG

I really did not like the radio/camera system that came with the rig and when the rear camera went out I replaced it with a Kenwood DDX9707S and paid my local installer to set it up. It has Appleplay as well as the Android play system. I use the rear view camera to check on the guy following me so close in the Jeep but to get a constant look at the Jeep I use a Bluetooth dash camera and one of my Iphones that I replace with new to run a constant feed. That camera is in the back window and the phone is on the dash.

The first time we towed the Jeep my wife was talking with one of our daughters who was asking how the trip was going and she said "fine but some AH in a Jeep is right on our tail and won't back off" That cracked us all up.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 05:46 PM   #7

Just an update… after taking out the radio and the camera itself for loose connections I found this 5A fuse under the steering wheel hidden between bundle of cables. Changed the fuse and the signal to camera is back.
Next time you loose signal try this first :-)
Click image for larger version

Name:	A5938DB8-37EA-4F3D-8426-D57D6C24B9F9.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	73934

Click image for larger version

Name:	5A831A5E-9674-417C-B67E-76B9D1FD085C.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	73935
Jayco 24B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 06:00 AM   #8

After poor poor rear camera images especially after moisture, i replaced the original factory camera
https://www.rearviewsafety.com/safet...-camera-1.html

and guess what i found in the box? a seal that was never installed at jayco

That should help eh?

Ted
Tgroves526 is offline   Reply With Quote