Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-12-2017, 04:34 PM   #1

Bbq hookup on melbourne 24k

Hey, Recent 24K or L Melbourne owners.

Did your unit come with a BBQ hookup, installed next to the entry step?
I read (??) somewhere, that's where Jayco installs them.
Ours does not (yet) have the propane hose/fitting installed, but it does have a length of propane hose, coiled up and tethered behind the step (incomplete installation?).
If someone out there has a "completed installation", could/would you post a close up picture(s) showing bracket and how it's mounted to the Coach? I'd like to obtain/order the appropriate bracketry, etc. from Jayco, or elsewhere, and probably install it myself.
Thanks in advance for your feedback/help.
Rudy

Rudy & Claire Peters
petersrc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:32 PM   #2

No connection or hose coiled up. Wish I had it for a gas fireplace instead of carrying or buying firewood.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersrc2 View Post

Ours does not (yet) have the propane hose/fitting installed, but it does have a length of propane hose, coiled up and tethered behind the step (incomplete installation?).

If someone out there has a "completed installation", could/would you post a close up picture(s) showing bracket and how it's mounted to the Coach? I'd like to obtain/order the appropriate bracketry, etc. from Jayco, or elsewhere, and probably install it myself.

Rudy

Yes...but I bought my 2016 with 5k miles on it, so maybe previous owner had it installed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
campaholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:12 PM   #4

We have a new Melbourne with the external propane hookup. I will post a few pics, but the mounting bracket is pretty simple (painted steel), just drilled right to handle the LP hose coupling and to mount to the RV.

But I have a question for readers of this thread. Does anyone have a list of stoves or grills that will work with the low pressure hookup (or the specifications that work)? I have tried two camp stoves (two burner) but after removing the regulators, I get gas flow, but not enough to cook. Guess I need to buy a new stove and or grill. Just want to know what to buy. Thanks.

The pics from my hookup on the RV are attached.
Attached Thumbnails
LP hookup.jpg   LP hookup2.jpg  
Sam Lesko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersrc2 View Post

Rudy
Our hookup on our 2017 Melbourne 24L is the exact same as that shown in the pictures posted by Sam Lesko. It came that way from the factory.
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:41 PM   #6

Hi,

Our Grayhawk has the same valved connector as shown in the pictures.

We have a Coleman Roadtrip LXX 22,000 BTU grill that I removed the regulator from and it works ok when hooked to the connector.

TriumphRider
TriumphRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Lesko View Post
We have a new Melbourne with the external propane hookup. I will post a few pics, but the mounting bracket is pretty simple (painted steel), just drilled right to handle the LP hose coupling and to mount to the RV.

But I have a question for readers of this thread. Does anyone have a list of stoves or grills that will work with the low pressure hookup (or the specifications that work)? I have tried two camp stoves (two burner) but after removing the regulators, I get gas flow, but not enough to cook. Guess I need to buy a new stove and or grill. Just want to know what to buy. Thanks.

My hook up exactly the same on my 16 Eagle. We have the Weber Q grill.Removed regulator from grill bought fittings from Home Depot and hose from camping world.We to thought the fitting was impossible to hook up.And found out you have to push in hard then pull brass cap over to make the connection.I noticed your valve was in the on position.We didn't trust the valve not to leak and always keep down in off position!Once early on it drained are propane tank left in the on position.
Attached Thumbnails
Sun Flowers.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Lesko View Post

Hi Again
Since our June 12th post, (coil of hose behind step), our local dealer "completed" the installation by installing a Valve/Jack, similar to those shown in SamLeko's pictures. I just purchased a 15' hose c/w. jack and 3/8' fitting for our NexGrill BBQ. Haven't tried it yet, but was told that any BBQ having separate burner valve(s) in addition to the Regulator, should perform properly when hooked to the low pressure line. (Some/Those BBQ's having the burner valve integrated with the regulator can't be hooked up in this fashion).
Hope the information given to me is correct. To be confirmed on our next camping trip.

Rudy & Claire Peters
petersrc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:16 PM   #9

Hi, I would definitely try it before you are on a trip.

TriumphRider
TriumphRider is offline   Reply With Quote