Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2019, 08:16 PM   #1

Question Bed lifts for Jayco MVP29?

We are wondering if there is anyway to put in bed lifts in a Jayco Class C 29MVP. We looked at Hatchlift but it says “NOT for RV beds in Slide Outs with Fixed Base Platforms”. Thanks for any suggestions.
shewren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shewren View Post
We are wondering if there is anyway to put in bed lifts in a Jayco Class C 29MVP. We looked at Hatchlift but it says “NOT for RV beds in Slide Outs with Fixed Base Platforms”. Thanks for any suggestions.
I developed a system for older Freightliner-based Senecas like my 2014 that had the Power Gear slideout mechanism. A bracket attached to the "trolley" of the slideout so the lift cylinders moved in conjunction with the mattress platform as it moved in or out when the slideout was extended or retracted. However in about 2018 (I think) Jayco changed to an in-wall Scwintech slideout system and my invention won't work on them.

Below are pics of how mine works, any chance your underbed area looks like the first picture? The second picture shows my adapter and the lift struts installed holding the mattress platform up.

With the proper cylinders installed based on the weight of the mattress and bedding you can lift the bed easily with one hand and it stays up until you gently push it down. No "guillotine" bed now, much safer and convenient!
Attached Thumbnails
Slideout trolley top view.jpg   Revised lift adapter installed.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 03:35 PM   #3

Under the bed

This is how it looks under the bed
Attached Thumbnails
A4495538-5E53-46A7-BBD1-DCBB29A7DFAA.jpg   3D2EDF8E-FD8E-4A97-950F-932BA9AB793E.jpg  
Old 04-21-2019, 07:35 PM   #4

Quote:
This is how it looks under the bed
Looking at your pictures my guess is you have the in-wall Schwintek (Lippert) slide system. Does your slide have outside gear "tracks" on the side walls of the slideout? If so, that is the Schwintek system.

My system will not work on that side of slide unfortunately, nothing to hook the lift struts onto that moves with the bed platform. Sorry!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:28 AM   #5

Thanks for your help. There must be some way to hold it up. They sell so many of this type of Class C someone must have come up with a solution. Thanks again.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:12 PM   #6

Here is my solution for the 29MV.
I glued and screwed a block into the existing frame and then cut a piece of wood to hold it up. Sorry this picture doesn’t show the entire thing but I’m sure you can figure it out. Jimmyd
Attached Thumbnails
2E51ADAC-6AF9-4662-A1B5-863ECBFD33A1.jpg  
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:16 PM   #7

Thank you.

That looks like it would work I just hate the idea of lifting the bed since it's so heavy. Thanks again.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:21 PM   #8

Quote:
That looks like it would work I just hate the idea of lifting the bed since it's so heavy. Thanks again.
I know lifting the bed is a pain but with the top sliding back and forth this is all that seems to work. I also moved my wiring away from the water pump and insulated the opening into the outside storage bin.
Did you ever get your recliner installed?
Old 04-22-2019, 12:25 PM   #9

Not yet. My hubby is supposed to order them today. He's really concerned that they won't fit.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Not yet. My hubby is supposed to order them today. He's really concerned that they won't fit.
You should have plenty of room. The recliner is 58” wide and the opening is 62”.
We are crossing the country and yesterday we’re commenting on how much more comfortable we are now. Money well spent.
Hope it all works out for you. Jimmyd
Old 04-22-2019, 01:12 PM   #11

I think he's worried about the depth not so much about the width. Do you have any idea how many screws you used and how long they were? Did you just use wood screws?
Old 04-22-2019, 01:48 PM   #12

Quote:
I think he's worried about the depth not so much about the width. Do you have any idea how many screws you used and how long they were? Did you just use wood screws?
I used decking screws of two different lengths. I believe I used 8 along the back frame 1-5/8” long and along the sides I needed 3” long. The sides take a little maneuvering to get to but you can keep the backs off and extend the recliner once the rear fram is fastened. I set the back of the frame 15” out from the wall and this worked well for our coach. You’ll need to check before fully fastening down. Hope this helps. Jimmyd
Old 04-23-2019, 06:14 AM   #13

Smile Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the info. I will keep you posted on my progress (I'm the one installing them my hubby is a disabled vet so I appreciate all the help I can get. )
Old 04-23-2019, 06:34 AM   #14

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I will keep you posted on my progress (I'm the one installing them my hubby is a disabled vet so I appreciate all the help I can get. )
Glad to help. I may stop in Amarillo, Tx. for a few nights this weekend and when I do I can post better pictures. I will remove the backs of the recliner and try to get a few closeups.
That may help with your install.
Are you guys in Crawfordville, Fl ?
Old 04-23-2019, 06:36 AM   #15

That would be great. Thanks. No, we are in Indiana.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:02 AM   #16

Is there a reason you can't just use gas lift struts on that?
Old 04-23-2019, 10:16 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru297 View Post
Is there a reason you can't just use gas lift struts on that?
Yep! It’s called bad design by Jayco. The platform slides back and forth on the base.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:06 PM   #18

Quote:
That would be great. Thanks. No, we are in Indiana.
Another Crawfordsville. We have a daughter not to far from you in Noblesville.
We are near Crawfordville, Fl on the Gulf of Mexico.
As soon as possible I will post some pictures of the recliner. We are just stopped for the night west of Oklahoma City.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:06 AM   #19

Our recliners should be delivered today! I got the jackknife sofa out and hopefully I will be able to get the chairs in tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for all your help. I might have a question or 2 when I start.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:21 AM   #20

Quote:
Our recliners should be delivered today! I got the jackknife sofa out and hopefully I will be able to get the chairs in tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for all your help. I might have a question or 2 when I start.
We’re you able to save the 3/8” base bolts in place? Keep them in by putting the washers and nuts back on.
I would bring 1 base in and 1 back to start with. This will help to see how it fits into place with the base and the Valances. If your platform is 33” deep start by measuring out from the wall 15” to the back of the frame and see if that clears your valance at the Top back of the recliner.
I will get you a few pictures later this am.
Let the fun begin. Jimmyd