Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-08-2019, 04:28 AM   #21

You can also reach out to Jayco, tell them you want to mount the tv yourself and ask for the blueprints of the wall. They sent me an incredibly detailed set of prints that showed the build & the makeup of the wall. I learned that the area where the TV goes on mine was actually a 1/2" X 17 1/2" X 19 1/4" piece of plywood. That's why I chose 1) a tv that weighed 5 pounds 2) a mount that uses 4 screws versus 2 and 3) 3/4" pan head screws to mount it. My tv isn't going anywhere and I don't have to take it down.
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:08 PM   #22
Lost in the Woods

OK, here is what it looks like in the back of my coach. The slide was in, so it was tough to get far enough back to take the picture.

Also, the side profile shows how tight on the wall it is. I can barely get my fingers up to release the mount, although I haven't needed to take it off since I mounted it.
Attached Thumbnails
flat screen.jpg   mount.jpg  
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:42 PM   #23

thank you, how is the TV right in the middle of the wall when the plate is off to the side by the electrical outlet?
Jayco 24B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:29 PM   #24
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayco 24B View Post
thank you, how is the TV right in the middle of the wall when the plate is off to the side by the electrical outlet?
The mount is over the area where the yellow sticker is. That wall isn't all that wide, and with a 32", it fills most of the area.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:46 AM   #25

Quick question, will the DVD play on the bedroom TV?
Jayco 24B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:09 PM   #26
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayco 24B View Post
Quick question, will the DVD play on the bedroom TV?
No, only the dinette TV. There is a separate A/V cable that runs from the radio to that TV.

I put a SMART TV in the rear, so wifey can stream Netflix, Youtube, etc.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:55 AM   #27

I used this mount i listed below in my 25R. It locks in place and comes with a 2nd wall bracket so you can use the TV in a 2nd location. I put it outside.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077TN5WJR..._9iHODb0JD6WVB
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 12:31 PM   #28

TV Mount

This is the one I used on my 2018 Eagle 29.5 bhok, this was cheap, strong, and easy to install. Just doesnt swing but I didnt want one that did. It is easy to remove if needed. Just an FYI, I did remove the back of my tv to mount the back plate but that took about 5 minutes to do. Hope this helps.
Regards

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
mhunt37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 06:24 PM   #29

I recently installed these in the bedroom of my 264bh. When we park I swing the tv out and it fits perfect in the corner at a nice angle down. I did need to add a small plywood board to the wall because the tv was a bit big and the center was off the backer board they installed in the wall. That piece remains hidden when the tv is swung into the corner. It seems they placed it for a 24” tv.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K9DD2SZ..._y1MODb56NTRB8

TCL 32S327 32-Inch 1080p Roku... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F981R8M...p_mob_ap_share
Jeremytbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:30 AM   #30

We gave Camping World a unit to put up in our RV but they told us it was not secure enough to hold onto the wall. So they gave us back our unit which we returned and they used one of their own. We take the TV down during travel so it does not stress out the wall per their instructions. Which is fine by me. We lay it flat on the bed and with screws put it back up. We use hot spot from our phones and love being able to watch television if the weather is not up to par. IMO I would ask CW or a reputable place what they suggest. Good luck. I am not sure what mount they used but I love it.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:35 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremytbeau View Post
I recently installed these in the bedroom of my 264bh. When we park I swing the tv out and it fits perfect in the corner at a nice angle down. I did need to add a small plywood board to the wall because the tv was a bit big and the center was off the backer board they installed in the wall. That piece remains hidden when the tv is swung into the corner. It seems they placed it for a 24” tv.

TCL 32S327 32-Inch 1080p Roku... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F981R8M...p_mob_ap_share

That mount is similar to what Camping World used. We got our television from Sams Club for 100. It is a smart television 24 inch and does a great job of hot spotting and finding free channels. We take our television down when traveling. I guess I am a more of a better safe then sorry person. IMO
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:37 AM   #32

Just a bit of advice, if you use a tv mount that swings out you will be able to get to the outlet behind the TV. And if it’s one of the removable ones like I recommend in a previous post, it will be easier to remove from the wall. Just make sure you purchase a swing arm that locks in to place.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:38 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthland View Post
Just a bit of advice, if you use a tv mount that swings out you will be able to get to the outlet behind the TV. And if it’s one of the removable ones like I recommend in a previous post, it will be easier to remove from the wall. Just make sure you purchase a swing arm that locks in to place.

Agreed. The one I posted locks also.
Jeremytbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 04:19 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremytbeau View Post

Most TV's that size are VESA 100x100 and the mount that came with my 264bh is a 200x200; did you use an adapter?
robd1438 is offline   Reply With Quote