Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-28-2017, 05:27 AM   #1

Best repair/maintenance manuals

Hi guys,
So being a total rookie when it comes to RV ownership I've been searching online for the best resource for maintaining and repairing my 2004 Greyhawk 27SD. I'd love to have something that was specific to my vehicle like a Haynes or Chilton type book that would have schematics, maintenance, and service instructions.

Also would like a repair manual to the Ford E450 chassis that I would assume would be separate?

Is there no such thing as a specific repair manual for my RV?

Is there a good book on overall RV systems and repairs other than the typical RV for dummies type books which are too vague to be really helpful?

What books do you guys keep on hand as a reference for repairs and maintenance?
Thanks!!!!!
Brian556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:31 AM   #2

Back in the day, I used Chilton manuals for my various cars. But in looking at their website, I don't specifically see the E450 listed.

But in doing a web search I did find a site with a downloadable one for our rigs...

http://manuals.co/workshop/ford/e-450
2017 Ford Edge w/Blue Ox Setup
To Yosemite... and Beyond!
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:03 PM   #3

There are so many differences between RV's that any book you'll find will be so generic that it'll be borderline useless. You can probably find something for the Ford part but not the coach.

Manufacturer specific forums and googles searches tend to be the best. I'm always amazed at the level of detail some people go to in posting fixes and mods.
2019 Open Range 310BHS - (a Jayco Division)
drk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:11 PM   #4

2004 Might be a tad bit early to do the same, but I was able to find PDF manuals for just about all of the components in our 2008 coach.

Head out with a flashlight and write down serial numbers and model numbers for every appliance and add-on you can see. From the commode to the microwave to the converter to the generator. The start Googlin'.

Also, when it came to chassis maintenance on our 2008 Chevy 6L, I was surprised to find so many Youtube videos out there! Try that too.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:45 AM   #5

I have a 2004 Granite Ridge and went to the Jayco web sight to download the manual. If you contact them with VIN # INFORMATION
TheFang1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:47 AM   #6

Did not finish they will email you a lay out of your coach. It was very helpful to me when I started doing my own work on the coach. Sorry and the two part anser
TheFang1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:18 AM   #7

Appliance manufacturer is best source for service manuals for the appliances. The Ford E450 chassis you should be able to get a manual from Ford for all its systems. Jayco of course for basic construction wiring and plumbing layouts for the coach itself. After that be prepared to carefully inspect/disassemble/reassemble anything else. You have to be a mechanic/plumber/electrician/woodworker to own an RV. (Unless you have lots of $$$ to give a dealer service department).
Happy Camping
Andersen Hitch.
'07 Northern Lite 10-2RR Camper.
SuperSprings.
Northern Jay is offline   Reply With Quote